Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Expandable tables with user entered values that change to a Protected state after adding an instance of a subset of pages

Level 6

Using a subset of two pages, I have programmed a 2-page dynamic form to "Add an Instance" of said two pages by clicking a button. Basically the 2+(dynamic) pages can repeat in proper order infinitely. On page 1, I have a table with repeating rows which works fine. The issue is that I need this table to show the user input values in the repeating rows when another subset is added BUT (here is the kicker) make it cumulative. So if the user added 2 instances of the row and put values in these 2 repeating rows on the #1 subset of pages, I need these to change their state to protected and keep the values on the #2 subset but have the table still be expandable below those values. If the user adds 2 more values on #2 subset then all 4 rows with user input values show up protected on the #3 subset of pages and so on. Because of the cumulative nature of this particular form, all user added values need to stay in proper order. This was hard to explain so please let me know if I need to try again. My file is at the link below. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hom9xW6S4QT7Pee6RuTb1NW6zGb5RNJv?usp=sharing

Does anyone know if this is possible or maybe willing to check it out? This might be beyond the limitations of Designer but I wanted to run it through you guys first.  

13 Replies

Level 4

Hi @nowackem, I am still trying to grasp what the exact behavior is. #2 and #3 subset does not help me much.

Sorry, the comment escaped prematurely.

Are we looking at Part III table only with subcontractor groups or is the first table also included?

Level 6
Hi @Kosta_Prokopiu, My aplogies. This is a hard one to explain. #2 and #3 subset are what I was calling it when you click the "Add Add'l Pages" button at the bottom of page 2 where it will add an instance of subsetAffidavit. Doing it this way will allow Page1 and Page2 to be repeated infinitely (in proper order) as the user continues to click the button. Page1 > Part II is the table I'm struggling with. The user needs the ability to add rows according to their requirements, but once the user adds info into the WkCat field (1st row), I this particular object to change to protect when the user adds another subsetAffidavit. Reason being is that the last column in this table is cumulative amounts and it will mess up the numbers if they change the rows as they add subsetAffidavit instances. Each set of pages equals a job for a contractor, each job may have different WkCat amounts. If a job doesnt need a specific WkCat the user entered for a previous job it needs to stay there with its cumulative total throughout the form. Please let me know if I need to try again with my explanation.

Employee
ok, I think I may have got it. Example, I have 1st Affidavit, I enter 20$ page total, accumulated total shows also 20 $. Now I add another Affidavit and enter 30$ in the same line, page total shows 30$ but Accumulated shows 20$ on page 1 and 50$ on page 2. If I make an amendment on page 1 the 20$ accumulated jumps to 50+$ depending on the change. This you do not want? Correct?

Employee
instead of protecting the fields, if I show you a way to calculate all numbers only on the respective Affidavit instance - would that solve your problem and still allow changes?

Level 6
I think so. I just need those user added rows to accumulate throughout the entire form no matter how many pages they add. I'm realizing that my bottom totals are not working now either. I only need one totals row if we can make this work correctly. I think when troubleshooting I messed those up.

Employee
Just to understand this correctly: Page is/is not Affidavit? Do you mean pages that are generated by adding rows to your tables inside ONE Affidavit instance? The CostAcctTot field is to add over all Affidavits?

Level 6
sorry. in my comment Page is Affidavit. UGH this terminology! I'll try not to do that again.

Level 6
in the Hierarchy its subsetAffidavit > Page1 > Page2. I had to make a Page1 and Page2 so the subsetAffidavit would repeat correctly.

Level 6
Oh and I didnt answer the other part of the question. Yes TotCostAccTot needs to accumulate through all Affidavits.

Employee
Let me express what I think you want: Your accumulated totals should grow with every Affidavit instance. If you have 3 instances, page total of first is 20, second 30, third 40, you would like the 1st Affidavit to show accumulated 20, the second 50 and the third 90. When changes are made in the first affidavit (lets say we add 10$) then the totals should show 30, 60, 100 - is that the correct behaviour?

Level 6
@Kosta_Prokopiu I just wanted to check in and see if you had any progress with this form? Thank you again for your assistance!

Employee

Hi @nowackem, sorry that I did not respond to this earlier. Real life and work did take all the time I would have for things like this form.

I did attempt to implement your logic. At first it looked as if I was succesful but then I realized that on the following sections I did get the wrong sums, the dependencies between the various sections and sums proofed a bit more complex than I had thought initially.

So far I have no solution for you that fits into this form. And at the moment I do not have so much time to invest in this. When things quiet down I can have a look again, but that might too late for you.

Regards

Kosta