Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Error: The configuration area at 'path' is not writeable. Please choose a writeable location..

Former Community Member

...using the '-configuration' command line option.

Can somebody explain me exactly how to enter this command line? I suppose I need to navigate in DOS to the correct executable location, then type the name of the executable followed by '-configuration' then enter the new path? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

For workbench configuration changes, edit the "workbench.ini" file and add the -Duser.home=<path working dir>.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 10

What are you trying to do - please refer to an online resource that you are following. 

Former Community Member

Ok, I work in a big company and we have roaming network profiles (folder redirection). I don't know why but when the program was installed, the save location was set on the network profile. We have a 100mb limit on our network profile and that limit is reached very soon. I asked to have my network profile cancelled and I thought AEM would automatically ask me for a new place to write. It only gave me this error message, asking to use the '-configuration' command line option. I only want to know the correct way to use this command. Thanks

Former Community Member

Basically just how to change the configuration area path. The previous location is no longer available. Apparently it cannot be changed through the menus, a DOS command must be run using the '-configuration' command line option. I spent a lot of time googling and searching this forum before posting. Thanks

Level 10

We are checking with internal AEM ppl. Will post back what we heard.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

I understand your problem, but I still don't know at what point you get this message. Can you elaborate?

Former Community Member

I need to change the path where the workbench data is written. It's pointing to a network location that no longer exist. It seems from the error message that a command must be entered like probably:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe Experience Manager Forms Workbench\workbench\workbench.exe /configuration (then the new path??).

Employee Advisor

OK, it's about the AEM Forms ... then I cannot help here, sorry.

Jörg

Former Community Member

Should I post in another part of the forum?

Employee Advisor

Maybe in the "Forms" subforum at Adobe Experience Manager Forms

Thanks,

Jörg

Former Community Member

Isn't this exactly where we are or did you move the topic?

Level 10

I will ask AEM Form ppl to look here.

Correct answer by
Level 3

For workbench configuration changes, edit the "workbench.ini" file and add the -Duser.home=<path working dir>.