Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic Drop Down lists populated with single value as default not showing until down arrow clicked.

Level 4

I have over 1600 lines of code to set items to a drop down. In some cases the subsequent drop down only has a single value. I am trying to get the value to show without the user having to click the down arrow. I have tried various events to achieve this. I am using rawValue instead of setItems for those selections which only populate the subsequent drop down with a single option. The client would like the subsequent drop-down to have the singular value show and set the field to readOnly and focus on the third drop down. So far, I have the singular value working but it requires the user to click the down arrow, and, I cannot set the drop-down to readOnly if the field does not show the singular item. So, is there a way to script the down button on a drop-down from another field or the same field?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can set the selectedIndex property to change the value of a dropdown list. It takes a 0-based integer to select the nth item from the dropdown list.

// Select the third item
DropdownList.selectedIndex = 2;

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can set the selectedIndex property to change the value of a dropdown list. It takes a 0-based integer to select the nth item from the dropdown list.

// Select the third item
DropdownList.selectedIndex = 2;