Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Drop down box dilemma

Level 6

Good day,

I have a drop down list in a row and a button which copies whatever is entered in the row to another table.  The name selected is copied into a floating field in a text box.   My issue is that one name in the drop down should not copy to another table if it's chosen.  Example:  The row "Type" has "Cat, Dog, Fish".  If Cat or Dog is chosen in the "Type" row and you click a button to copy whatever is in "type" to the next table then "cat or dog" is copied to another table in it's floating field. But if "Fish" is chosen in the "Type" row and you click the button then "Fish" should not be copied.  Is there a script for this?  The reason why "fish" is not copied is because "fish" has a sub category list, indicating different types of fish to choose from.  When fish is chosen, the sub list appears.  When you choose "goldfish", that name if populated in the other table.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

if(dropdown.rawValue != "Fish"){

// your code here

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

So in the current script of dropdown, add a new condition to check the dropdown selection. If its not equal to fish, then only do..whatever you are doing.

Level 6

Thank you.  Can you provide a script please? or script example?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

if(dropdown.rawValue != "Fish"){

// your code here

}