Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Custom task description - like LiveCycle instructions with variables

Level 7

In LiveCycle, we were able to use xPath to add custom text within the "instruction" of a User assignment - like this

{$ /process_data/@id $} - Here is an example in LiveCycle

crich2784_0-1660753750396.png

In AEM, is there a method to inject variable information in the Description field of a task?

The use case is simple . . . a user might have 100 tasks from the same workflow but, they need to prioritize their work by look at meta-data such as part number or something else.  Currently in AEM, they would be required to open each task to look at the meta data.  How would we accomplish this in AEM Task assignments?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I think your best option is to add custom columns to the inbox screen and display the appropriate information under those columns

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

Yes, we have a lot of variables and that's a big webpage.  Was there something specific that you are referring to?  I believe we understand variables very well but, maybe I missed something.  Please point to a specific location that you think might help us.  This has become very important.  Thank you.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I think your best option is to add custom columns to the inbox screen and display the appropriate information under those columns

Level 7

@workflowuser I did it!!!  It works.

crich2784_0-1661294390927.png

Bad news, it isn't searchable . . . I guess they can use the "Find" from within the browser.  

crich2784_1-1661294452567.png

Employee Advisor

No, the fields are searchAble

on the top  left you can create your queries 

Level 7

Ok, granted I'm a slow reader, I cannot find any documentation that helps me.  So, I've been surfing and reading for over an hour now.  Can you spoon feed me?  Here is my screen.  I'm at the top left.  What do I do?

crich2784_0-1661302409749.png