Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating a continuous master page layout in XFA based forms

Level 2

We have a use case where we have to design a form divided into sub forms , tables(static and dynamic) , nested tables and each section have a different requirement of headers. We can handle continuous tables or sub form header with the help of multiple master pages. But with multiple master pages it creates a space between continuous sections following particular master page style and the new section always start with a new page following other master page style. Is there a way can we start a new master page sections just after end of previous master page sections to remove spaces? Attached a sample explaining the use-case

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You can have more than one content area inside a master page but when you place a specific page on a master page it will start from a new page. That's the purpose of the master page to have different styles for different pages.

Level 2

Hi @Vijay_Katoch Thanks for the response. I have tried using a third master page with 2 content area (CA1 and CA2) in which I set the overflow of first page sub-form page to CA1 and then start the second sub-form from CA2. Now the problem is that how can we associate 2 master pages/content area to first sub-form one for all dynamic pages and the last page only? 

Can we dynamically associate another content area only at the last page? Using conditional break or via script? 

Community Advisor

For the header you can use a table with a header, table header can span multiple pages if having the header on a dynamic table is needed on each page.

Conditional Breaks section is there in the designer but that is for a specific subforms/table if we want to break the subform/table based on some condition

Level 2
Hi @Vijay_Katoch Yes we have used repetitive table headers to cases where ever feasible but In our form we have a mix static, dynamic tables , sub-forms with different layout and header requirements. With different master page and content area we can handle them separately but it leads to the space between these sections. Our requirement is to handle the space left in pages after next section. Can you suggest if we can achieve it?

Community Advisor

If subform are placed on different master pages then I don’t think so space can be managed, because they are on separate pages.

Level 2

Thanks @Vijay_Katoch for the response. Please check with the team internally and confirm if the use-case is feasible.

Level 10

You better use a single blank master page instead of multiple ones and then add overflow headers to the subforms in your body page. That way you should get the behavior you're looking for.