Expand my Community achievements bar.

com.adobe.aemfd.docmanager - Causing build error in Local SDK (AEM cloud)

Level 2

I'm on Local SDK and have added the following dependency in pom.xml.  Then I imported a few dependencies in the AEM servlet. But while running the maven build (mvn clean install), it's throwing an error.

[ERROR] The analyser found the following errors for the author and publish :

[ERROR] [api-regions-exportsimports] xyz-core:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Bundle xyz-core:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT is importing package(s) Package com.adobe.aemfd.docmanager;version=[1.9,2) in start level 20 but no visible bundle is exporting these for that start level in the required version range.

Maven Dependency -

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.adobe.aemfd</groupId>
    <artifactId>aemfd-client-sdk</artifactId>
    <version>6.0.1192</version>
        <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<artifactId>adobe-aemds-core-docmanager</artifactId>
<version>4.0.120</version>
<groupId>com.adobe.aemds.core</groupId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

Imports in AEM servlet -

import com.adobe.aemfd.docmanager.Document;

import com.adobe.fd.output.api.OutputService;

import com.adobe.fd.output.api.OutputServiceException;

import com.adobe.fd.output.api.PDFOutputOptions;

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

You are mixing 6.5 with cloud service packages

Level 2

@workflowuser - Certainly! Could you provide more clarity on what specific aspects you're referring to as being mixed? I've setup the forms addon already in the install folder.

Also, a similar issue is being discussed at below forum link below, but I don't see any solution there.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/build-error-while-converti...

Employee Advisor

Can you please tell us what is the use case that you are trying to accomplish?

Level 2

@workflowuser - We're aiming to generate the PDF, and the Adobe team has advised us to utilize the OSGi API available within our instance. As a result, they recommended incorporating that Maven dependency into our project.

Also, a similar issue is being discussed at below forum link below, but I don't see any solution there.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/build-error-while-converti...

Level 2

@workflowuser We're on the cloud environment, and until recently, we were using a cloud link to generate PDFs. However, during a recent discussion with Adobe representatives, they recommended minimizing the roundtrip cost of the HTTP API by leveraging the OSGi API available within our AEM instance. Now, I'm hearing that this OSGi API may not be compatible. I'm unsure which information is accurate. It's very confusing.

Employee Advisor

For the cloud you have to use the http rest api for document generation 

I have given the links to you in the previous reply

Level 2

@workflowuser  That OSGi bundle/API is already there in AEM local SDK. I'm wondering why the build is failing. Below is the screenshot.

MohanJo_0-1713595312400.png