Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Checkbox resets to its default value when instance is added / removed from dynamic table

Level 2

Hi everyone, i have a problem with my xfa form:

Form structure:

Master page: Checkbox with states "On/Off", default value "Off" (=0).

Page: Dynamic table

Procedure:

1. I click and activate the checkbox, value is now "On" (=1).

2. When i add or remove an instance (row) in the dynamic table on the page the checkbox on the master page is set to its default value (=0).

Why does it behave like that? I cannot figure it out...

Link to my file: axel_1982_file.pdf 

Greetings,

Axel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Every object which needs to be remembered has to use a data binding. You checkbox hasn't and so everytime you force the to recalculate it will be reset. For objects on a masterpage use global binding if you don't bind to a scheme (XSD).

Btw. the xfa.form.recalculate(1); isn't needed since Acrobat 8 or so. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

@MHWinter 

Of course, just had to strip all the personal information first. Please see the link in my original post.

Please check the "This is the checkbox"-checkbox first and then click the "+"-Button in the table. The Problem appears with all 3 checkboxes in the master page.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Every object which needs to be remembered has to use a data binding. You checkbox hasn't and so everytime you force the to recalculate it will be reset. For objects on a masterpage use global binding if you don't bind to a scheme (XSD).

Level 2

@radzmar 

I feel so dumb right now... Thank you, that's it!

@radzmar  schrieb:

Oh, i didn't know that, i'll wipe them all, thank you.