Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calculations and Flowed Subforms

Level 4

Hi experts!

I have a dynamic form created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4 and I have a few stumbling blocks.

Here is a screen shot of the stripped down version of what I’m trying to create:

meem23_0-1618594208311.png

Problem #1:

Subform called amt has a drop-down with A and B options and a field called monthlyNetDue to enter a dollar amount.  Instances are added or removed using buttons.  This subform is wrapped into subform called SF1 and this subform can be added/removed using buttons.

Following the SF1 subform is a subform called summary.  There are two fields Atotal and Btotal.  These fields need to calculate the total of the amounts entered in amt subform monthlyNetDue field.  I don’t know how to script the calculation for these two fields.  Can someone provide the script for these calculations?

Example:

meem23_1-1618594254307.png

Problem #2:

Subform called bottomSF has two fillable fields and needs to be at the bottom of each page.  When subform SF1 and/or amt subform are added and fill up page one, I want bottomSF to remain on page 1 and not flow to the next page.

I set up a Master Page 2 that has the same two fillable fields from the bottomSF so they autofill, but this doesn't help for page 1 because of the fillable fields.  I want SF1 and summary subforms to overflow onto Master Page 2 and somehow keep bottomSF positioned on the first page.  Is this possible?

Master Page 2:

meem23_2-1618594320119.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

For the benefit of others here the solution that worked for meem23:

The bottomSF subform went to the bottom of the 1st Masterpage. The second Masterpage just serves for pagination.

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1619093876023.png

All subforms have standard pagination, SF1 also gets Overflow: Go To Page2

Kosta_Prokopiu1_1-1619094043941.png

And for field ATotal and BTotal the calculate script loops through all monthlyNetDue and checks the state of the drop-down. It adds to the corresponding total field.

Kosta_Prokopiu1_2-1619094219313.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee
Hi @meem23, if you can PM me a link to google-drive or similar giving me the XDP I will have a look at it. It is a lot of work to try and replicate things, especially for your problem #2

Correct answer by
Employee

For the benefit of others here the solution that worked for meem23:

The bottomSF subform went to the bottom of the 1st Masterpage. The second Masterpage just serves for pagination.

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1619093876023.png

All subforms have standard pagination, SF1 also gets Overflow: Go To Page2

Kosta_Prokopiu1_1-1619094043941.png

And for field ATotal and BTotal the calculate script loops through all monthlyNetDue and checks the state of the drop-down. It adds to the corresponding total field.

Kosta_Prokopiu1_2-1619094219313.png