Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AME forms in Livecycle Assign Task Activity

Level 4

In Adobe Livecycle the Assign Task and Asign Multiple task activity, we can provide the asset (XFA forms) for rendering as PDF or HTML by changing the action profile. In the existing ES4, we know that if the action profile if set to render the form as HTML, we do not get the pre-fill process output binded to the rendered HTML forms. Now that AEM 6.0 has the forms feature, is it possible to prefill form fields such as drop downs and list boxes with dynamic data from a database? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

No, The value for the drop downs are assigned via xpath in the process that is added to the action profile. if you see in the workspace start point, we have action profile and when editing the action profile, one can edit the render and submit process and also add a process to prefill form with datas, this prefill process can be designed in such a way that it talks to the back end system or file system to get data as xml and can be assigned to the xdp data nodes via xpath. This assignment of values works fine when the choice of rendering my XDP is PDF, but when the choice is to render the XDP as HTML this does not work well or to be frank does not work at all in my case. The form gets rendereded as HTML with out error but the data nodes are not assigned with values.

I feel that this might be due to the reason that HTML 5 rendering in ES 4 does not support xfa.data or xfa.dataset. 

Regards -

Ashok D

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Form Pre-fill is supported in ES4 as well including when opening it in LiveCycle Workspace as part of task. Is there something specific that is not working for you? As far as pre-filling drop down and list boxes are concerned, it is possible to prefill them both In LiveCycle and AEM Forms. If you can provide more details about the use case, we would be able to help you with that.

Level 4

I am not able to share the POC that I am trying at office as it might be a violation to share assets created in office to share in public forum, ill try to get the document some how to share you where I am facing the issue. In my case when rendering the form(xdp) as PDF the prefill logic to add a list of countries to the drop down works fine but the same does not work when I render the form as HTML 5. The prefill to add items to the drop down is carried on the action profiles prefill logic, not on the Forms initialize event via service invocation.

Regards -

Ashok D

Employee

Are you doing it via XFA script? If yes, Can you try to mark that script "run at server" in designer?

Correct answer by
Level 4

No, The value for the drop downs are assigned via xpath in the process that is added to the action profile. if you see in the workspace start point, we have action profile and when editing the action profile, one can edit the render and submit process and also add a process to prefill form with datas, this prefill process can be designed in such a way that it talks to the back end system or file system to get data as xml and can be assigned to the xdp data nodes via xpath. This assignment of values works fine when the choice of rendering my XDP is PDF, but when the choice is to render the XDP as HTML this does not work well or to be frank does not work at all in my case. The form gets rendereded as HTML with out error but the data nodes are not assigned with values.

I feel that this might be due to the reason that HTML 5 rendering in ES 4 does not support xfa.data or xfa.dataset. 

Regards -

Ashok D