Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Signature Service

Level 3

How do I digitally Signi  a PDF Using an AWS KMS Key Pair and AEM Signature Service. Where in the Signature Service do I call to get the key and sign in the designated field. I dont see anything in the documentation on this at Adobe DocAssurance Service on your web site

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

@RamaniBa  you will need to implement a custom integration between AWS and AEM. The first step is to generate the key pair in AWS KMS and use the AWS KMS "Sign" API to sign the document hash using the private key. Once the document hash is signed, the next step is to integrate this signed hash into the designated signature field within the PDF using AEM’s Signature Service. AEM itself does not natively integrate with AWS KMS, so you'll need to create a custom workflow that sends the hash of the PDF document to AWS KMS for signing, retrieves the signed data, and then uses AEM’s API or a custom script to embed the signed signature into the PDF. Though Adobe’s DocAssurance Service doesn’t directly support external key management systems like AWS KMS, the process can be handled by pre-signing the document and then passing it back to AEM for completion. This method combines the security of AWS KMS for key management with the PDF signing capabilities of AEM.

Moving this Question to AEM Forms Community.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

@RamaniBa  you will need to implement a custom integration between AWS and AEM. The first step is to generate the key pair in AWS KMS and use the AWS KMS "Sign" API to sign the document hash using the private key. Once the document hash is signed, the next step is to integrate this signed hash into the designated signature field within the PDF using AEM’s Signature Service. AEM itself does not natively integrate with AWS KMS, so you'll need to create a custom workflow that sends the hash of the PDF document to AWS KMS for signing, retrieves the signed data, and then uses AEM’s API or a custom script to embed the signed signature into the PDF. Though Adobe’s DocAssurance Service doesn’t directly support external key management systems like AWS KMS, the process can be handled by pre-signing the document and then passing it back to AEM for completion. This method combines the security of AWS KMS for key management with the PDF signing capabilities of AEM.

Moving this Question to AEM Forms Community.

Kautuk Sahni