Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Forms - Attach Files to adaptive E signature forms

Level 2

Team,

I have integrated Adobe E-sign with AEM and I'm able to send agreements for signature to signers. But when i added file attachment field to adaptive form to provide signer to attach additional documents, this is not working and through following 500 error. I have enabled the file attachment while creating cloud configuration for E-sign and AEM integration and I use a free developer account for adobe Esign.

29.06.2021 08:56:11.958 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1624971371018] POST /content/forms/af/test-esign-copy1/jcr:content/guideContainer.af.agreement.jsp HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet Could not complete Submit Action due to org.apache.sling.commons.json.JSONObject cannot be cast to java.lang.String
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.sling.commons.json.JSONObject cannot be cast to java.lang.String
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.utils.XMLUtils.getDataMap(XMLUtils.java:693) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.utils.FormSubmittedDataParser.getGuideValueMap(FormSubmittedDataParser.java:48) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.util.AdobeSignServiceUtil.getSignerSetsFromDataForJSONSchemaForms(AdobeSignServiceUtil.java:208) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.util.AdobeSignServiceUtil.getSignerSetsFromData(AdobeSignServiceUtil.java:60) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.impl.EchoSignServiceImpl.createAgreementOptions(EchoSignServiceImpl.java:335) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.impl.EchoSignServiceImpl.createAgreement(EchoSignServiceImpl.java:277) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet.doPostPrerequisites(GuideSubmitServlet.java:272) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet.sendAgreementInfo(GuideSubmitServlet.java:496) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.234]
	at com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet.doPost(GuideSubmitServlet.java:591) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.234]
	at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:146) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
	at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:342) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
	at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:374) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0]
	at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:552) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2]
	at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2]
	at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:82) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2]
	at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilterWithErrorHandling(WCMDebugFilter.java:192) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.154]
	at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:159) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.154]
	a
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@santosh10899 

As per the stack trace, you must be testing this use-case with 6.5.7.0 (6.0.234 package) but FYI -this issue was fixed with AEM Forms 6.5.8.0. 

So please upgrade this set-up to SP8 or the later version, you shouldn't see "ClassCastException" while submitting a form with attachment(s) and Adobe Sign. Please let me know in case of any issues further.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@santosh10899 

As per the stack trace, you must be testing this use-case with 6.5.7.0 (6.0.234 package) but FYI -this issue was fixed with AEM Forms 6.5.8.0. 

So please upgrade this set-up to SP8 or the later version, you shouldn't see "ClassCastException" while submitting a form with attachment(s) and Adobe Sign. Please let me know in case of any issues further.

Hope this helps!

Level 2
@Pulkit_Jain_, Thanks for reply. It solved the above issue. As you said i have install AEM 6.5.8 package and it related form addon package but after installing it there is another issue i got please check the below error, it is expecting signer info in the jcr:data I hope. please help.

Level 2
30.06.2021 10:25:32.675 *ERROR* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1625063131465] POST /content/forms/af/test-esign-copy1/jcr:content/guideContainer.af.agreement.jsp HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.util.AdobeSignServiceUtil [AF] [Sign] Signer data malformed / missing in submitted data. 30.06.2021 10:25:32.676 *ERROR* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1625063131465] POST /content/forms/af/test-esign-copy1/jcr:content/guideContainer.af.agreement.jsp HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet Could not complete Submit Action due to Signer data malformed / missing in submitted data. com.adobe.aemds.guide.service.GuideException: Signer data malformed / missing in submitted data. at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.util.AdobeSignServiceUtil.readElement(AdobeSignServiceUtil.java:144) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.util.AdobeSignServiceUtil.createSignersSetFromDomNode(AdobeSignServiceUtil.java:157) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.util.AdobeSignServiceUtil.getSignerSetsFromDataForXMLSchemaForms(AdobeSignServiceUtil.java:129) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.util.AdobeSignServiceUtil.getSignerSetsFromData(AdobeSignServiceUtil.java:57) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.impl.EchoSignServiceImpl.createAgreementOptions(EchoSignServiceImpl.java:327) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.addon.signing.echosign.impl.EchoSignServiceImpl.createAgreement(EchoSignServiceImpl.java:277) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-addon-impl:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet.doPostPrerequisites(GuideSubmitServlet.java:268) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet.sendAgreementInfo(GuideSubmitServlet.java:492) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.260] at com.adobe.aemds.guide.servlet.GuideSubmitServlet.doPost(GuideSubmitServlet.java:587) [com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core:6.0.260] at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:146) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0] at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:342) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0] at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:374) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0] at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:552) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2] at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2] at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:82) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2] at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilterWithErrorHandling(WCMDebugFilter.java:192) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.158] at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:159) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-core:5.12.158] at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:72) [org.apache.sling.engine:2.7.2]

Employee Advisor
Thanks for confirming @santosh10899! The new stack trace points to Signer data (malformed / missing), could you please review the configuration helpdoc. In case it is urgent, please raise a ticket with support so that we can review this issue over a screenshare.