Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM-AF-901-004 Error while submitting the form - works with publisher!

Level 5

I have an adaptive form and After configuring, I am trying to submit the form and getting the error [AEM-AF-901-004] while submitting it from dispatcher URL. It works fine when I trigger the same via publisher.

If I check the logs, I can see some errors as below - 

Caused by: javax.el.ELException: Error reading 'config' on type com.perficient.aem.datalayer.core.models.AEMDataLayerManager

The URL, where we get the internal error is - <PAGE_URL>jcr:content/guideContainer.af.submit.jsp

I had gone through some threads similar to it. But, not helped in my case. Any help or guidance will be appreciated!  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@RitendraS11 

So, based on the responses(s) shared:

1. This issue is specific to submission with this form (and you're able to submit other forms), so seems that you have a custom submit action in place. Do you have specific filter rules in place for the dispatcher config?

2. For the dispatcher URL, you need to update Apache Sling Referrer Filter with allow hosts, allow empty, and filter methods (if applicable).

3. Is this issue repro with all users, including anonymous or specific users? Can you check?

I see you've raised a support ticket as well, Let's connect over a quick call to troubleshoot the issue. Seems you've SP6 applied on the instance, and a similar issue was fixed with SP13 so we can cross-check the same.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

@RitendraS11 

This seems to be a custom implementation of AEM DataLayer 

As per [0][1], the problem is specific to user access, and I hope you may have cross-checked these articles.

In the case at hand, dispatcher logs would help identify why the form submission is stuck on the dispatcher layer. You may want to skim the mandatory AEM Forms configurations (if applicable) for dispatchers [2].

[0] - https://githubhelp.com/PerficientDigital/AEM-DataLayer/issues/2 

[1] - https://githubhelp.com/PerficientDigital/AEM-DataLayer/issues/11 

[2] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/forms/install-aem-forms/osgi-installat... 

Level 5

Hi Pulkit,

I have checked these articles earlier and everything is in place. I have other forms as well on my website, which works perfectly via dispatcher url. 

Employee Advisor

@RitendraS11 Thanks for elaborating further. 

What is different about this one compared to the other working forms?

Dispatcher log entries for this attempt may help if submission using the dispatcher URL fails.

Level 5

Hi Pulkit,

As per logs, for the failure scenario - the form-submit failed internally before getting executed.

So, we have a JSP file, from where we are executing the rest call by passing all the required parameters.

I am not sure,

I have provided "read" access to everyone so that it should allow dispatcher to communicate

I have added the host entry of the dispatcher in OSGI referer filter

Do I need to recompile JSPs? But, it shouldn't be the case as it works fine via publisher instance.

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@RitendraS11 

So, based on the responses(s) shared:

1. This issue is specific to submission with this form (and you're able to submit other forms), so seems that you have a custom submit action in place. Do you have specific filter rules in place for the dispatcher config?

2. For the dispatcher URL, you need to update Apache Sling Referrer Filter with allow hosts, allow empty, and filter methods (if applicable).

3. Is this issue repro with all users, including anonymous or specific users? Can you check?

I see you've raised a support ticket as well, Let's connect over a quick call to troubleshoot the issue. Seems you've SP6 applied on the instance, and a similar issue was fixed with SP13 so we can cross-check the same.

Level 5

@Pulkit_Jain_ ,

We finally fixed the Issue. There was a firewall rule that was blocking the form to be submitted and hence we were getting the Internal Error while submitting it using the dispatcher URL. 

Thanks for your input, it helped as well!