Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Central to Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 migration

Level 1

We're looking for migrating thousands of Central Output Server family forms/templates to AEM forms/templates. We are trying AEM designer import function to import Central forms. Its helping us with conversion but its not doing it perfectly right, means not 100% correct. By import, we're achieving near about 80%. We need to manually match it to its perfectness. Its taking long time to do it manually hence we're looking for some automations script. So queries are

1. Is it possible to achieve 100% correct conversion using AEM import? if not what are the reasons? If yes, any suggestions/tricks.
  2. Can we write any automation script/program using any language? I mean will it be possible or are there any constraints with AEM & Central?

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The two technologies are different, Central i believe was around way before LiveCycle ES. There would be no way to get 100% conversion. You will ahve to check the forms once they are imported into AEM Forms and test them to be safe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

Moving this to AEM Forms community.

~Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 10

The two technologies are different, Central i believe was around way before LiveCycle ES. There would be no way to get 100% conversion. You will ahve to check the forms once they are imported into AEM Forms and test them to be safe.