Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adaptive Form Container Not in Components List

Level 2

I’m trying to add Adaptive Form components to my sites page, but for some reason all Adaptive Form components show up in the “Add Component” panel, EXCEPT there is no Adaptive Form Container (or any Form Container) to drag and drop from the list. 

I checked the template policy for the page, making sure all Adaptive Form Components were selected as Allowed Components, but even when I expand the list in the policy, there is no Form Container. 

I want to note that if I am able to create an Adaptive Form using the Forms editor as the templates in there all have a Form Container on the template by default.  

However, for some reason there is no Form Container component available to be added to my sites pages. 

8 Replies

Community Advisor

This may be because you have not properly installed the AEM Forms Package on your AEM environment. 

You can verify if you have installed the correct components with the Components Console. https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/how-many-times-is-an-aem-component-used-in-the-jcr#components-conso... and verify through the package manager or CRXDE Lite that the Adaptive Forms package and specifically the Form Container component are present and correctly installed.

Level 2

dms879090_0-1712672401260.pngdms879090_1-1712672413197.png

I checked the components console and I found these two containers, but the Adaptive Form container component has  a group of .hidden for some reason.

I tried changing to group name to Adaptive Form in crxde, and the container now is able to be added to the Sites page, but I can't actually add anything to it, it just displays as a blank box. I can't even delete it from the page that I added without going into crxde and deleting it.

I also noticed in the Components console there are several other Form Container components, with groups 'We.Retail Form' and '.core-wcm-form', but nothing with a group of Adaptive Form

Level 2

I'm using Forms add-on package 6.0.1120 for AEM 6.5.19.0

AEM Forms and Documents Core v 8.0.286

Adaptive Forms Core Implementation v 6.0.646

Community Advisor

You can check this article for guidance on integrating adaptive forms into AEM Sites
https://ms-29.com/aem/sites/integrate-adaptive-forms-in-aem-sites 

Level 1

Hi @dms879090 ,

Please see [0] which provides a detailed guide on how to embed AF to an AEM Sites page.

Do let me know if you face any difficulties in the Implementation.

[0] : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/forms/integrate/...

Regards,
Utkarsh

Level 2

The issue is that I don't have the Adaptive Form Container or Adaptive Forms – Embed(v2) component to achieve either of these things. I have all the other Adaptive Form components but for some reason I don't have any containers available to use. I can't even see any containers when trying to add them to a policy

Employee Advisor

Can you create your AEM forms project using the latest archetype and deploy that project?