Expand my Community achievements bar.

Accessibility issue - AEM generating faulty tags/DOJ rule re Web Content

Level 2

We use desktop version 6.5.17.

I have attached three files to this post:

Test 1: File > Form Properties > Save Options > Generate Accessibility Information (Tags) for Acrobat checked

Test 2: File > Form Properties > Save Options > Generate Accessibility Information (Tags) for Acrobat unchecked

When opening Test 1 in Acrobat and applying Read Out Loud, the text before and including the link in bullet 2 is omitted - only "to understand your responsibilities" is read. Otherwise, the reader follows the tab order set in AEM.

When opening Test 2 in Acrobat, the Popup "Prepare document for screen reader" appears. The full text is read, however, the tab order set in AEM is ignored, and the reader proceeds in a top>bottom, left>right mode.

Test1 tags: Image displaying that the text "Before you fill out this form, read What Is Proof of Service? (form APP-109-INFO" is not tagged.

Why does AEM generate faulty tags? As you know, it is NOT possible to modify an XFA form in Acrobat.

I would also note that if not fixed, this is going to be an issue for state and local government customers given the DOJ's issuance of its final rule on accessibility of web content. For more, see https://www.ada.gov/resources/2024-03-08-web-rule/.

2 Replies

Level 2

Any takers on this one? Adobe?

Level 2

Hey Adobe - I do not have the required rights to open a ticket. To us, this is an enormous issue. Can someone please help get some traction on this?

Do we think this issue may be related to links?