Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workflow to move files

Level 1

I am looking to build a workflow that will check for specific metadata that is added by a metadata profile.

Once the metadata is validated I want the workflow to move those files to a new folder.

I should be able to do that within the workflow tool and not using code in CRX.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Metadata from metadata profile is added at time of upload of asset in specific folder on which profile was applied.

yOu can perhaps add a launcher on "asset created" event under specific folder and check if specific metadata property exists then launch a workflow. That workflow code however should have move logic - (Source & destination).Custom code will be needed to move assets automatically to new folder else assign a participant step where someone manually moves it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Metadata from metadata profile is added at time of upload of asset in specific folder on which profile was applied.

yOu can perhaps add a launcher on "asset created" event under specific folder and check if specific metadata property exists then launch a workflow. That workflow code however should have move logic - (Source & destination).Custom code will be needed to move assets automatically to new folder else assign a participant step where someone manually moves it.

Level 5

Hello @GregBa4 , 
Three thing you need to perform to achieve this

1. Make sure you have added the required metadata property and if needed then author it in the particular Asset or you can make some default value (Will not make sense if we keep it default).
  2. You need to create Custom Workflow with process step and need to add logic to check Metadata property of payload and if falls under criteria then moving the file.
  3. Also you can consider to create the launcher for this as suggested by @digarg  , so that you don’t have to manually run this.