Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Keywords Searchable in AEM vs. Public Website

Level 1

If I add keywords to our assets within AEM or add them in Adobe Bridge then upload to AEM, will those keywords only be searchable from within the AEM database? 

We are using AEM to store our image assets for everyone in our communications department (including the web team) to access. We apply keywords to our images that we don't want used by search engines. These keywords will only be used by our team in the backend of AEM to find images.

For example, we are a college and will use photos of students (who have signed a release) for various marketing materials, websites, and social media posts. We don't want keywords such as their full name, photoshoot location, age, college degree, or other identifying keywords to be searched publicly. 

Can keywords added in the backend of AEM and associated with an image's properties be seen by public search images when used on our website or social media platforms?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Tag publishing differs from image publishing. If you publish an image but not associated tags than 

the image will be available on publish environment but not the associated tag. 

try it in your local environment first and validate it further to make sure it works as expected and you are not getting any errors/exceptions. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@JParkinson_1 You can create project-specific tags and namespace, keep them unpublished(Need not to publish them), and that way you can use the same in AEM Author instance ONLY. 

Refer to the below document on Tags - 

Using Tags | Adobe Experience Manager

Level 1

Thank you! I’m reviewing the using Tags link now. 

I’m still learning my way around the asset manager and the terminology which is different than my current asset management system, and I want to make sure I understand the tagging process correctly.

If I upload the images to the asset manager, but I keep them unpublished then that will keep any project-specific tags only with the asset on the backend. It will not transfer the project-specific tags with the image, if our web team downloads the image to use on social media or website.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Tag publishing differs from image publishing. If you publish an image but not associated tags than 

the image will be available on publish environment but not the associated tag. 

try it in your local environment first and validate it further to make sure it works as expected and you are not getting any errors/exceptions.