Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How search assets in All folder how ever have access permission on one folder

Level 4

Hi Experts,

we have one requirement like one user group have allowed to see the one folder in AEM DAM. However same user want to search the asset from entire DAM (from all folder ) on pathfield popup. How we can achieve this?

Thanks

~S

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sameryadav 

When we open pathfield popup, request goes to get the path heiarachy, the request looks something like this:

http://localhost:4502/mnt/overlay/granite/ui/content/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/picker.html?_charset_=utf-8&path=&root=%2fcontent&filter=hierarchyNotFile&selectionCount=single&_=1595528365580

Now if you look at the path /libs/granite/ui/content/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/picker, it points to sling:resourceType to  /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/picker/picker.jsp.

User session is used to extract items for pathfield, so you will have overlay this jsp to apps to use some system user to get results for folders which are not accessibe to current user.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Nupur

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sameryadav 

When we open pathfield popup, request goes to get the path heiarachy, the request looks something like this:

http://localhost:4502/mnt/overlay/granite/ui/content/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/picker.html?_charset_=utf-8&path=&root=%2fcontent&filter=hierarchyNotFile&selectionCount=single&_=1595528365580

Now if you look at the path /libs/granite/ui/content/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/picker, it points to sling:resourceType to  /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/picker/picker.jsp.

User session is used to extract items for pathfield, so you will have overlay this jsp to apps to use some system user to get results for folders which are not accessibe to current user.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Nupur

Level 1
I am checking the approach that suggested. I will update if it will works. Thanks