Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Generate smartcrop renditions using Java

Level 1

Is there any Java API or endpoint to generate smartcrop rendition of a given width and height (this is alraedy defined in the smartcrop presets)?

So far, I have tried exploring the com.scene7.isapi package but to no avail.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction to acheive this if any?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To address the requirement of using SmartCrop renditions in your custom component, you can refer to the Image Core component V3. It provides pre-defined renditions that you can choose from. Instead of creating a completely custom component, consider integrating or embedding the ImageCore component within your own component.

I hope this helps.

Esteban666_1-1688650765041.png

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Sorry, I am not aware of such API. Can you describe your use case for this? I don't understand why you would want to create Smartcrop Profiles via Java code, if you are planning to keep them in your code, you can do that without Java, simply, once generated, you sync the output of the configurations in your code base. 

Esteban Bustamante

Thank you for the reply Esteban.

I do not want to create the smartcrop profile via Java code, but rather the smartcrop renditions should be generated via the java code (instead of applying a profile to a folder in Assets).

I have a custom components which takes image as inputs. I would like to provide a smartcrop dimension option in the dialog (which is predefined) and the smartcrop should be processed for that image after its provided.

Is this possible, or any other way that I can deal with this?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To address the requirement of using SmartCrop renditions in your custom component, you can refer to the Image Core component V3. It provides pre-defined renditions that you can choose from. Instead of creating a completely custom component, consider integrating or embedding the ImageCore component within your own component.

I hope this helps.

Esteban666_1-1688650765041.png

Esteban Bustamante