Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cropping Image Renditions Instead of Scaling

Level 3

Is there an OOTB way in AEM 6.2 to crop image renditions on upload similar to how Wordpress handles renditions?  Currently the workflow is just resizing the image.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I dont think OOTB provides croping image renditions by default similar to wordpress.

we have similar issue when migrating from wordpress to aem. The ACS AEM Commons Named Transform Image Servlet allows specific image transforms to be defined centrally via OSGi configurations. It has ability to Crop the image to the specified bounds.

Named Transform Image Servlet

1340251_pastedImage_0.png

Only issue I faced using this your use case/ component cropping bounds has be analyised before hard coding(this can be changed at any time in fly since this is OSGI configs) and acs-commons version(we were using much lower version by then).

If this also not solve your use case then you have to go for custom logic to handle new cropped image rendition

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Administrator

Moving this thread to AEM Assets!!

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 6

I dont think OOTB provides croping image renditions by default similar to wordpress.

we have similar issue when migrating from wordpress to aem. The ACS AEM Commons Named Transform Image Servlet allows specific image transforms to be defined centrally via OSGi configurations. It has ability to Crop the image to the specified bounds.

Named Transform Image Servlet

1340251_pastedImage_0.png

Only issue I faced using this your use case/ component cropping bounds has be analyised before hard coding(this can be changed at any time in fly since this is OSGI configs) and acs-commons version(we were using much lower version by then).

If this also not solve your use case then you have to go for custom logic to handle new cropped image rendition