Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Asset Insights Extension in Launch configuration

Level 1

Hello everyone, I am working on enabling the Asset Insight Tracker on web pages and I am using the AEM Asset Insights Extension in Launch. In the extension, it says there that I don't have any configuration.

I am working on 3 context variables in this. The a.assets.source, a.assets.idlist and a.asset.clickedid.

The initial configuration of these 3 is that whenever I clicked an asset, the a.assets.source and a.asset.clickedid are showing in the link click beacon. And the a.assets.idlist is showing in the page load beacon of the asset's destination page.

My question is, how can I implement that all 3 context variables are be triggered in the link click beacon of the asset that has been clicked? Thank you so much.

avocadoLover20221_0-1682309869466.png

avocadoLover20221_1-1682309891005.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I don't actually use this, but I did a quick lookup and found this:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/client/asset-insights/ov... 

I don't know if this helps or not.. you probably already found it... but since the tracking is all based on context variables, and not props/eVars/etc... I feel that you will be limited in what you manipulate...

I guess ensuring that Asset Insights is enabled everywhere possible in your AEM configuration is the one thing you can control...  but if you are getting data, then that seems like it's working? But I don't know why that one piece of information isn't included as part of your click tracking....