In CRX Clustering, the instructions for setting up a cluster are outlined as:
- Copy the files crx-quickstart-*.jar and and license.properties to the desired directory.
- Start the instance: java -Xmx512m -jar *.jar
- Verify that the instance is up and running, then stop the instance.
- In the file crx-quickstart/repositorycluster.properties, add the IP address of the slave instance you are adding below (if that slave is on a different machine, otherwise this step is not needed).
- Stop the instance.
- If a shared data store is to be be used:
- Change crx-quickstart/repository/repository.xml, as described in Shared Data Store and Data Store, above.
- Assuming you have configured <shared>/datastore/ as the shared location, copy the contents of the crx-quickstart/repository/repository/datastore to the directory <shared>/datastore.
- Start the instance, and verify that it still works.
Is there a way to avoid this stop/start sequence, mainly to save some time when bootstrapping new instances on EC2?
Thanks in advance.