Expand my Community achievements bar.

Visid_high and Visid_low

Level 2

Hello everyone !

We are using the Experience Cloud ID Service to identify users. If i want to find my own MID, I use console command _satellite.getVisitorId().getMarketingCloudVisitorID(). Moreover, I can find thid value in the AMCV cookie.

In our DWH we have columns Visid_high and Visid_low, which are based off the 'aid' value. 

So, my question is : How can i find this 'aid' value in the cookies or using console ? S_vi cookie isn't set and I also tried console command _satellite.getVisitorId().getAnalyticsVisitorID() and it returned ''.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

ok so you are making a reference to data feeds. When it comes to identifying visitor id there are several columns you need to look at.

First read : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

Visitors

All methods Adobe uses to identify unique visitors (custom visitor ID, Experience Cloud ID service, etc.) are all ultimately calculated as a value in post_visid_high and post_visid_low. The concatenation of these two columns can be used as the standard of identifying unique visitors regardless of how they were identified as a unique visitor. If you would like to understand which method Adobe used to identify a unique visitor, use the column post_visid_type.

1. Concatenate post_visid_high and post_visid_low.
  2. Count the unique number of values.

Ok so even if you send an MID value, a post_visid_high and post_visid_low are generated but here is how to identify you visitor hits inside data feed:

• make sure to extract these columns: 
post_visid_typeNot for external use; internally used by Adobe for processing optimizations. Numeric ID representing the method used to identify the visitor.
0: Custom visitorID or Unknown/not applicable
1: IP and user agent fallback
2: HTTP Mobile Subscriber Header
3: Legacy cookie value (s_vi)
4: Fallback cookie value (s_fid)
5: Identity Service

Based on the id, you will need to look at corresponding columns:

5 is for MID so make sure to extract column: 

mcvisidExperience Cloud Visitor ID. 128-bit number consisting of two concatenated 64-bit numbers padded to 19 digits.

or the post version of this column post_mcvisid

This should help you to identify your visit from your browser if you know mid value.

Level 2

All methods Adobe uses to identify unique visitors (custom visitor ID, Experience Cloud ID service, etc.) are all ultimately calculated as a value in post_visid_high and post_visid_low. The concatenation of these two columns can be used as the standard of identifying unique visitors regardless of how they were identified as a unique visitor.

I counted the unique number of concatenation (post_visid_high and post_visid_low) and I have like 10% difference between this number and the Unique Visitor metrics number, that I see in the report. I thought that it happens because of using ECID, but if I understood your answer correctly, I was wrong.

What may be the reason of that ? Will be happy to see any suggestions

Community Advisor

What is the query you have used ? 

Did you check the exclude_hit column to make sure you do not count these lines ? 

If your report timestamp enabled or timestamp optional ? In some instances for mobile SDK the hits can be queued on client side and send on another day but with the timestamp of when they happened. which mean that if you query for day X, they could be on other day hits for day X in the data feed