Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

mboxCreate vs mboxDefine

Level 2

First off, let me start by saying I am a T&T noob - and am 'learning as I go'.     I've been using T&T for about a month now, developing for some campaigns for my organization. 

One basic issue that I have revolves around the difference between mBoxCreate() and mbodDefine()/mboxUpdate() - especially when it comes down to performance.

Right now, we create mboxs with mboxCreate within our global provisioning campaign to run our tests/experiences.   So each campaign we create typically creates is own mbox (or mutiple mboxs) for that campaign. This is working fine, but our site optimization team is on us to see if the mboxs can be created after the DOM is ready (right now, its happening before).

By switching to a more dynamic model, we might be able to facilitate the site speed team and make them "happy"  - I'm just curious on the downsides of this plan, if if using mboxDefine/mboxUpdate is more or less efficient than just doing it the way we always have been via mboxCreate.

One issue that we are running into is the amount of mboxs per page we have, as on some pages we are up over 10-15.   If we create these dynamically based upon a cookie or some other information we can grab via JavaScript, I am thinking that we can reduce that load for most users.

Any help or documentation would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ryan,

Have you tried implementing your mboxes thru DTM?

Here's some documentation that may be helpful.

Kind Regards

Rahul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

Hi Ryan,

Do let us know in case this worked out or in case you need more help. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks

Nikhil

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ryan,

Have you tried implementing your mboxes thru DTM?

Here's some documentation that may be helpful.

Kind Regards

Rahul