Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use multiple targeting dimensions in email delivery?

Level 10

I know we can select only one targeting dimension but i have to use data from more than one table.
i.e. I have two dimension which i want to use in an email
1. recipient
2. event
How can i use details from these two tables in an email?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

After some research and help from adobe campaign community i am able to solve this. 

Option 1: create one to many link between the two dimensions, primary dimension will be your customer level and event data will be stored in temp table, then you can call the data in event dimension using a for loop within delivery by referring to the link name e.g targetdata.linkname[1].fieldname. This way is better when you have large number of events to write back.

Option 2: Select your recipient data by using query activity and then create a link(1-1 or 1-n) between recipient and event by using enrichment activity . then In same enrichment activity pulled out data by clicking edit column. so then you will be able access the data in 
delivery like targetData.event field name. in case of 1-n it depends how many events you fetch and it will be like targetData.event1.fieldName etc. unfortunately you don't have possibility to use loop.

Hope this will help others and will save some time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi Amit,

Which product is this related to?

Thank you,

Tacia

Level 10

Hi Tacia,

This question is related to Adobe campaign, sorry i was unable to find the correct tags for this.

Thanks,

Amit

Correct answer by
Level 10

After some research and help from adobe campaign community i am able to solve this. 

Option 1: create one to many link between the two dimensions, primary dimension will be your customer level and event data will be stored in temp table, then you can call the data in event dimension using a for loop within delivery by referring to the link name e.g targetdata.linkname[1].fieldname. This way is better when you have large number of events to write back.

Option 2: Select your recipient data by using query activity and then create a link(1-1 or 1-n) between recipient and event by using enrichment activity . then In same enrichment activity pulled out data by clicking edit column. so then you will be able access the data in 
delivery like targetData.event field name. in case of 1-n it depends how many events you fetch and it will be like targetData.event1.fieldName etc. unfortunately you don't have possibility to use loop.

Hope this will help others and will save some time.

Employee

Could you please post screenshots for both the the options?