Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I drive or get more new leads and appropriate emails using Adobe tools and programs?

Level 1

Can anyone tell me how can I drive or get more new leads and emails using Adobe tools and programs? Or can someone recommend another source for getting quality contacts and leads to market to that I can then use Adobe Marketing tools to effectively campaign to?   In particular, the music industry - concert ticket sales and music CD purchases and song downloads? I want to find new people to market new music to. 

thanks! 

~Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info you've provided. I'm a lot clearer about what your asking now.

To answer your question, No Adobe Marketing can't generate leads for you but it can help you do so.

Let me explain how it does so.

You mentioned "Does adobe marketing cloud drive traffic to my hypothetical website to generate a lead". Now, Adobe Marketing Cloud is a tool so while it wouldn't strictly 'generate a lead for you', you can use the various solutions that it offers to tune your website such that it attracts your desired segment.

I'll give you another example:

Suppose you come up with a product (called prod X) which you wish to market. Now lets assume that you define your target segment as 'males between the ages or 35-50 living out of Washington state'.

Now, the tools that Adobe marketing cloud offers would allow you to tune your website so that it can reach your target segment in a more efficient and effective manner. This would in turn, drive lead generation.

I would also like to add that marketing cloud is an enterprise level offering so it would be too cumbersome to go into the specifics but I do hope that my explanation helps you understand what purpose the marketing cloud serves.

To sum up: No Adobe Marketing cloud would not generate leads for you but it would definitely help in reaching your target segment.

Please revert if you have further questions.

Kind Regards

Rahul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

You can make use of the Adobe Marketing Cloud tools such as Adobe Campaign and Adobe Target for targeted marketing and analyze the campaigns and traffic with the help of Analytics. 

To know more you can request a demo by clicking on "Request a Demo" link on the below page:

http://www.adobe.com/marketing-cloud.html

You can also read about the solutions available under the Adobe Marketing Cloud at the above link.

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi there! Thank you for help with my question. I did review all the Adobe marketing tools. They all look great! BUT, it appears that all the tools are for companies that either have an existing database of past clients and leads or that have another form of lead capturing to build on. Does adobe have a method for lead generation for a brand new venture or company starting out with zero name's in it's data base?  

Level 10

Hi Mike,

To know whether you are eligible or not for a contract with Adobe. I would suggest you give our sales team a call and they can help you out with your queries.

You can reach them at  877-722-7088

Thanks!

Level 8

Hi Mike,

Adobe tools do not require you to have an existing database of past clients and leads.

In fact, when used, they can help you progress through your sales funnel more efficiently and effectively and thereby allow you to generate new leads or convert existing ones.

To know more please contact the number that's mentioned above.

Kind Regards

Rahul

Level 1

Hi Rahul, 

Well, I appreciate the feedback but suppose I don't have any past clients. My question is regarding generating new clients when you're just starting out with 0 past clients or leads. i.e. Starting from scratch.  What then?    

It's okay if Adobe isn't meant for brand new companies with 0 clients, that's what I'm trying to find out. And if so, are there any other companies that Adobe clients worth with to generated new leads. That is, can Adobe recommend a good lead generation company for new businesses that integrate well with Adobe marketing? 

thanks! 

~mike

Level 8

Hi Mike,

Let me elaborate on what I said.

Lead generation is a process that you'd follow for invoking customer interest into your product/services and then identifying the ones that show interest. While a list of past clients/ leads is helpful in this process, it's not necessary.

In your case, we're looking at a requirement wherein you need to generate new leads, so let me give you a specific hypothetical example of how you could use one of the marketing cloud solutions.

Assume your site sells Product A. A visitor browses through your site to explore the features of this product and as he reaches the bottom of the page, he's offered to sign up for a newsletter. If he signs up for it, you could say that a lead has been generated. 

Now, Adobe solutions (Adobe Analytics would be the tool used in this scenario) allow you to generate reports that give you information on the leads that you've generated and you can then take the relevant actions to convert these leads.

As you can see, in the scenario I've explained, you don't need to have any past data or clients whatsoever.

I hope this clarifies your query.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Kind Regards

Rahul

Level 1

Rahul, 

Thank you for the follow up. 

Nope, you didn't clarify it for me at all.  First, just so you know where I'm coming from, let me tell you more about myself and my experience with this subject. I've been in sales and marketing for over 25 years. I majored in business economics and marketing in college.  In my tenure (of over 20 years) as a business owner, I ran very large campaigns where I paid for radio advertisements, large bulk mail campaigns, I've hired call centers to cold call for me, I've done cold calling on my own, I've paid for print advertising, I've had lead sourcing booths at trade shows, expos and fair grounds, I've purchased mailing lists from title companies and I've purchased large batches of internet leads, I've conducted internet raffle giveaways for Caribbean cruise tickets where the entrants would only give their email and mailing address so I could capture their data.  So, I definitely know what it is to generate a lead. 

What I'm asking is and trying to understand is, does Adobe Marketing Cloud Solutions GENERATE leads? So far, all I see Adobe Marketing doing is capturing leads in a database, analyzing the data and generating reports.That's not lead generation. Which is completely fine if that's all it does. Great,  I understand what it is to process a lead, categorize it, setup follow up campaigns,quantify the data, analysis the results so you can target market to the new leads once they've been generated. I get that. 

HOWEVER, you used and example by stating, "A visitor browses through your site to explore the features of this product and as he [the visitor] reaches the bottom of the page, he's offered to sign up for a newsletter. If he signs up for it, you could say that a lead has been generated."  Well, duh! I know that.   My question for you is this; In your hypothetical scenario, does Adobe Marketing drive traffic to my hypothetical website where a visitor might convert to a lead?  Getting people to visit the website is the whole point I'm trying to make, but I still don't have an answer. 

So, I'll ask again. Does Adobe Marketing generation leads?  And if not, can Adobe refer me to another company (a partner) that does generate leads and that also integrates well with Adobe Marketing so I can use Adobe Marketing for databasing my new leads and campaigning to them? 

Thank you! 

~Mike

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info you've provided. I'm a lot clearer about what your asking now.

To answer your question, No Adobe Marketing can't generate leads for you but it can help you do so.

Let me explain how it does so.

You mentioned "Does adobe marketing cloud drive traffic to my hypothetical website to generate a lead". Now, Adobe Marketing Cloud is a tool so while it wouldn't strictly 'generate a lead for you', you can use the various solutions that it offers to tune your website such that it attracts your desired segment.

I'll give you another example:

Suppose you come up with a product (called prod X) which you wish to market. Now lets assume that you define your target segment as 'males between the ages or 35-50 living out of Washington state'.

Now, the tools that Adobe marketing cloud offers would allow you to tune your website so that it can reach your target segment in a more efficient and effective manner. This would in turn, drive lead generation.

I would also like to add that marketing cloud is an enterprise level offering so it would be too cumbersome to go into the specifics but I do hope that my explanation helps you understand what purpose the marketing cloud serves.

To sum up: No Adobe Marketing cloud would not generate leads for you but it would definitely help in reaching your target segment.

Please revert if you have further questions.

Kind Regards

Rahul