Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I install Node.js on a Mac?

Level 2

I'm new to Mac and would like to install Node.js for my development projects. Can someone guide me through the steps to download and set up Node.js on macOS? Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

To install Node.js on a Mac, visit the official Node.js website, download the macOS installer (.pkg file), open it to start the installation process, and then verify the installation by checking the Node.js and npm (Node Package Manager) versions in Terminal using the commands `node -v` and `npm -v`, respectively.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

To install Node.js on a Mac, visit the official Node.js website, download the macOS installer (.pkg file), open it to start the installation process, and then verify the installation by checking the Node.js and npm (Node Package Manager) versions in Terminal using the commands `node -v` and `npm -v`, respectively.

Level 8

From experience, I can say that this may cause problems should you ever want to uninstall Node.

On a Mac, I would either go a Homebrew installation or NVM (Node Version Manager) which should give you all flexibility you need.

Best regards

Björn