Expand my Community achievements bar.

Are there an API options available to transfer a users content before removing from organization?

Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of utilizing the User Management API to search for and remove users in a more automated approach. The current process is that someone has to log into the Admin Console, search for a user, select the user and then select Remove User. Then you have to select between:

• Transfer content now: Folder content is sent through email to a designated user. If you choose this option, specify the email address of the designated user that receives the content.
  • Transfer content later: The folder content remains in the Inactive User tab until it is permanently deleted.
  • Permanently delete content: The folder is permanently deleted with no option to retrieve the content

In an effort to make this more of a streamlined offboarding process for our Help Desk team, I wanted to see if anyone knows of what options are available to transfer a users content. I reached out to support with this question and they confirmed that while you can use the removeFromOrg action, the UMAPI does not support transferring content. He recommended that I look into what options there are in the  I/O Events API as well as reach out to the community.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

Level 1

Indeed, UMAPI has no logic built around the management of folders for cloud assets.

I am unaware of an API available for this either.