Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Workflow does not send the email - Adobe Campaign Standard

Level 2

I'm a bit new to Adobe Campaign Standard, So I really need your help now.

At the moment, we are running a lot of email campaigns. The prospects will go to the landing page to fill in their information including their email. After that, they will receive a transnational email. In this email, we require them to click the confirm button. If they click on the button, that means they agree to be our subscriber. Then the workflow will run and send the 2nd email to those who click confirmed after 2-3 days. For those who don't click confirm, they will not receive anything more (except that first transnational email).

In the workflow, we start with SCHEDULE, run every 10 mins, then the INCREMENTAL QUERY that targets: Subscribers for that campaigns 2 hours ago + people are not a customer yet in our profile data + HAS CONFIRMED their transactional email (NO LONGER CONTACT BY EMAIL is FALSE).

Everything goes smoothly like normal.

However, this time we have a  bit different. In the transactional email (the email that people will receive immediately after they fill in their info), we do not require them to confirm to be subscriber anymore. 

In the workflow, we start with SCHEDULE, run every 10mins, then the INCREMENTAL QUERY that targets: Subscribers for that campaigns more than 1 days ago (including yesterday) + people is not a customer yet in our profile data. This time we have removed the rule: "HAS CONFIRMED their transactional email" out of the incremental query. For me, it means, if they receive the first transactional email and if they are not-yet customers, they will receive this 2nd email without confirming anything.

However, the workflow this time does not send any email these targets.

When I use COUNT to see how many prospects for these targets, I can see 52 in total, but again, none of the emails is sent to them, except for the 1st transactional email.

I really don't know why the workflow does not send any email.

Please, can you show me whether I have done something wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Phuong,

Please check the delivery summary for exclusion reasons tab.
Perhaps you use a commercial pressure typology that excludes people contacted less than 1 week. Or another reason (exclusion rule based on another criteria maybe).

Besides this, take care to GDPR requirements and also deliverability concerns with ESP, you should not contact many times users without clear consent (double-optin for GDPR is advised).

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Phuong,

Please check the delivery summary for exclusion reasons tab.
Perhaps you use a commercial pressure typology that excludes people contacted less than 1 week. Or another reason (exclusion rule based on another criteria maybe).

Besides this, take care to GDPR requirements and also deliverability concerns with ESP, you should not contact many times users without clear consent (double-optin for GDPR is advised).

Regards
J-Serge

Level 2

I checked the delivery summary. Unfortunately only the prospects of the old transactional email can receive the 2nd email (at 1st we had normally transactional email that contained the confirmed button. After that we have updated the landing page so the confirm button is useless and I haved remove it out of the email. I also updated the rule in incremental query). All the prospects that came after that change (after we removed the confirmed button and updated the email content), none of them can receive any of the 2nd email executed by workflow. And yes, we follow the rules of GDPR carefully. Only the 2nd one comes after 1 day, all of the other come 1 weeks after the previous one.

The things is we apply the same rules for sms campaign, and sms campaigns are working normally. However, the transactional message in sms campaign does not have confirm button. People send messages to us, then receive transactional messages back, then after that they will receive the 2nd and 3rd message (maybe). That's why I really don't understand.

Level 10

Hi Phuong,

So it is not a pressure rule issue.
Because you use an incremental query and not a normal one (using dates for filtering new contacts), modifying the query criteria would have disturbed totally the incremental query?

Normally the targeted people is memorized by workflow instance and activity (theirs identifiers).
Did you change the planification activity?
If you didn't stop then start the workflow in order to start from scratch (but it would mean excluding people that already received the 2nd email before your change).

Perhaps for the SMS workflow you proceeded differently for your change, and the incremental query starts from scratch/new change?
Did you copy/duplicate for a new workflow ? in that case, the history is not memorized. But it means you wouldn't exclude people having received the first SMS, except in you have a where clause to exclude people with such registrations date?

Regards
J-Serge

Level 2

Hi Jean-Serge,

Thank you so much for your help. I actually now found the answer to my concern. Since Adobe campaign requires the double opt-in confirmation email for all customers based in Euro, therefore if I remove the confirmation button, all of the users will be marked as the blacklist (no longer contact by email). That's why we can not send email to them. The thing is we are trying to avoid double opt-in for some of the users who are already opt-in for some other campaigns by clicking the confirmation button. But we still have not found any solution for this since Adobe campaign Standard only supports double opt-in, not single or soft opt-in.

Level 10

Hi Phuong,

OK, so it makes sense. In my first post, I advised to check the exclusion tab of the delivery, it should have shown to you the blacklist excluded count.

In Adobe Campaign Classic, it is possible to unselect the blacklist exclude rule in a specific delivery exclusion tab of the target delivery. But I don't know whether it is possible as a workaround in ACS. And probably it is a bit risky for GDPR legal, you must check and recheck again

Regards
JS