My new employer is using v6 and is looking at moving to ACS. I've used Adobe Campaign in the past but I have no exp with ACS. I'm tasked with looking in to the migration process to get to ACS. As far as I can see it is first required to migrate from v6 to v7 then to ACS. We are on prem and we will probably stay on prem for the forseeable future.
So a few questions I hope someone can help me with.
1. Is the migration path above correct? If so what is the effort to move from v7 to ACS. I have a pretty good idea of the v6 to v7 migration already (i've done it in the past) but not to ACS
2. Can ACS be used on prem? what about our private cloud?
3. I am aware that the only OS / RDBMS supported today is Debian 7/8 (64bit) for the application service and PostgreSQL 9.3 for the marketing database. Is that still the case?
4. We use FDA and the data enrichment activities. Are they currently supported in ACS?
5. We had some pretty impressive email deliver performance times, how does ACS email delivery perform compared to v6?
OK thank you. I can agree with the statement ‘the cloud is noting special’, it’s not just another network somewhere. Using the cloud is a fundamental shift for a business to make. But that’s a subject for another community.