Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Syntax for using a variable in the pblock include statement

Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to see if there is a way to include a view name of the personalization block is constructed instead of explicit

Specifically:

• I have 3 personalization blocks with their internal names as 1234_p1, 1234_p2, and 1234_p3
  • In the delivery template, I defined a variable "var id = '1234'"
  • What's the correct syntax, if allowed, for the include statement. e.g., <%@ include view=''' + id + '_p1' %>

Thanks!

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi jx62030937,

This is not possible to achieve in Campaign delivery. When the delivery is being analyzed all personalization blocks must be known.

Using a dynamic setup like yours it will never work with the current product design.

There is a non-efficient way to try this which is not scalable and also can cause unnecessary MTA processing delay. The solution is to use a lot of if,else statements which can cater to each requirement of yours.

Regards,
Vipul

CC Gaurang Mathur , can you please mark this thread duplicate of Include personalization block with a dynamic name

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi jx62030937,

This is not possible to achieve in Campaign delivery. When the delivery is being analyzed all personalization blocks must be known.

Using a dynamic setup like yours it will never work with the current product design.

There is a non-efficient way to try this which is not scalable and also can cause unnecessary MTA processing delay. The solution is to use a lot of if,else statements which can cater to each requirement of yours.

Regards,
Vipul

CC Gaurang Mathur , can you please mark this thread duplicate of Include personalization block with a dynamic name