Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

RegEx Replace in Expressions

Level 3

Hi all,

I need to clean up a varchar phone number of all non-numerical characters to compare against the SMS logs. I was wondering if there was a way to do so easily, maybe preprocessing or a computed field?

Thanks!

--Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Erik,

Adobe Campaign Javascript engine supports regular expression. You should use a like statement in select query and insert that in a new column, once you are satisfied. Update the old column with new values and delete the new column.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Erik,

I'm not sure that the easiest solution is to do it directly in Campaign. You may be able to do so with the different functions available from the expression editor, but I'd think, if this is a one time comparison, that it'd be easier to export the data you want to transform and perform the transformation/comparison from the file.

I'll double check with the team if there's an easy way I did not think of.

Florent.

Level 3

Thanks Florent. If that's the case, maybe I can have a script read in the results of the query and have it write to a new column after processing, and use that for the comparison? Does the javascript engine used by AC have regular expressions implemented? Actually I'll make a quick check. hahaha!

Cheers!

--Erik

Level 10

Hi Erki,

I'm not quite the JS expert. Were you able to test it or do you need me to check with the teams?

Let me know,

Florent

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Erik,

Adobe Campaign Javascript engine supports regular expression. You should use a like statement in select query and insert that in a new column, once you are satisfied. Update the old column with new values and delete the new column.

Regards,

Amit

Level 10

Hi Erik,

Were you able to try what Amit suggested?

Let us know,

Florent

Level 3

Thanks Amit, Florent. We've gone the route of least resistance and had the ETL guys take care of cleaning up the data before we load it into campaign.

Going to try your suggestion when things calm down a bit.

Cheers!

--Erik