Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Push notifications using Mobile App Channel and own middle layer application

Level 1

My company is using Adobe Campaign installation (Browse Collection) and doesn't have Mobile App Channel module installed. I'm thinking about using this module in order to send push notifications to Android/iOS applications. I could find instruction how to set up communication between iOS/Android app and Adobe Campaign server (Configuration​). However, I wonder if it is possible to set up communication between no-mobile Java web application and Adobe Campaign server.

I would like to be able to register particular mobile devices using my web application as a middle layer (between mobile app and AC server). In other words, I want to execute:

Neolane.getInstance().registerDevice(registrationToken, userKey, null, context);

inside my Java web application. Does Adobe provide a jar or maven dependency that can be included in Java project and gives a such possibility?

My additional question is about Android SDK. I found mobile-services/sdks/Android at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/mobile-services · GitHub  but it seems to be different SDK than that one mentioned in Configuration, right? There is no place that one can download the correct SDK, it's only included in Mobile App Channel module as the documentation says? ("SDKs (Software Development Kits) for iOS and Android are one of the components of the Mobile App Channel module.")

Thank you in advance for answers

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Currently Adobe campaign doesn't allow(OOTB) you to register your mobile devices using your web application as a middle layer. I believe there is a way if you have the licence to use mobile app channel than you would have received two SDK from Adobe 1 for IOS APP(objective C) and another for Android.

In SDK, they are supporting Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM). Using FCM, you can notify a client app that new email or other data is available to sync. You can send notification messages to drive user reengagement and retention. For use cases such as instant messaging, a message can transfer a payload of up to 4KB to a client app.

You can use the same feature to extend your functionality.

i.e.

NeolaneAsyncRunner neolaneObject = new NeolaneAsyncRunner(Neolane.getInstance());

neolaneObject.registerDevice(registrationToken, userKey, additionnalParam, this, new NeolaneAsyncRunner.RequestListener() ){..}

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Currently Adobe campaign doesn't allow(OOTB) you to register your mobile devices using your web application as a middle layer. I believe there is a way if you have the licence to use mobile app channel than you would have received two SDK from Adobe 1 for IOS APP(objective C) and another for Android.

In SDK, they are supporting Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM). Using FCM, you can notify a client app that new email or other data is available to sync. You can send notification messages to drive user reengagement and retention. For use cases such as instant messaging, a message can transfer a payload of up to 4KB to a client app.

You can use the same feature to extend your functionality.

i.e.

NeolaneAsyncRunner neolaneObject = new NeolaneAsyncRunner(Neolane.getInstance());

neolaneObject.registerDevice(registrationToken, userKey, additionnalParam, this, new NeolaneAsyncRunner.RequestListener() ){..}

Regards,

Amit

Level 1

Any updates on this issue? When is it going to be possible to integrate mobile app channel thorough our own backend?

The thing is that we need to register within our backend anyway and now we will have to do that twice: one for our backend and one for Adobe Campaign.