Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Personalization field in script

Level 3

Hi,

I have a script in an email template which I want to populate with the name and email of the recipient. How may I do that? See the script below where I have tried to add the personalization field but I am not sure of the format. Now it will just be formatted as text.

<script type="application/json+trustpilot">
{
"recipientName": "<span class="acr-field nl-dce-field" data-nl-expr="/context/targetData/name" data-nl-type="string" contenteditable="false">Name (name)</span>",
"recipientEmail": "<span class="acr-field nl-dce-field" data-nl-expr="/context/targetData/email" data-nl-type="string" contenteditable="false">Email (email)</span>"
}
</script>

Br

Filip

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Filip, 

The notation you used is generally just for email content, you may want to call the variables using this format instead:

Where firstname: <%= context.targetDate.name%> .

In the script that would be:

{
"recipientName": "<%= context.targetDate.name%>",
"recipientEmail": "<%= context.targetDate.email%>"}
</script>

This is the way variables are called in Campaign Classic, and I've used it with success in Standard too. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Jamal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Filip, 

The notation you used is generally just for email content, you may want to call the variables using this format instead:

Where firstname: <%= context.targetDate.name%> .

In the script that would be:

{
"recipientName": "<%= context.targetDate.name%>",
"recipientEmail": "<%= context.targetDate.email%>"}
</script>

This is the way variables are called in Campaign Classic, and I've used it with success in Standard too. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Jamal