Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Need a little help with queryDefMethodsSoapClient - using the SOAP client

Level 2

Through the forum, I've been able to formulate working ExecuteQuery examples in SOAP U/I.  However, when trying to get the same to work in c#, it isn't clear to me how to get the response data.

Here's a snippet of my code:

XmlElement response = null;
            try
            {
                XmlElement xml = buildQuery();
                response = client.ExecuteQuery(secureToken, xml);
                client.Close();
            } catch (FaultException f) {

The ExecuteQuery runs without exception, but when I look at the returned XmlElement, it only contains the empty structure of a response without any data in it.

For example, <service-collection xmlns=\"urn:xtk:queryDef\"><service /><service /><service />....

Where's the data?  Could someone share a working code snippet of getting the returned data -  in any language.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Blair,

Can you share your the share, what you are passing as xml because i can think of only three things.

1. you are missing correct SOAPAction

2. you are not passing correct sessionToken

3. you are using a incorrect urn:entity.

It would be great if you can  share these details here.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

This looks Incomplete to me. Can you post the complete code including the one you used for buildQuery. please refer to the following stackoverflow link

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Blair,

Can you share your the share, what you are passing as xml because i can think of only three things.

1. you are missing correct SOAPAction

2. you are not passing correct sessionToken

3. you are using a incorrect urn:entity.

It would be great if you can  share these details here.

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Thanks for the response Amit.  I came back to this and now it is working and I'm not sure what changed.

Level 10

Hi Blair,

Thanks for the update. If you find what did change do not hesitate to share it here so it can eventually help other community members. I guess any manual action that you took could also have helped (restarted server for example).

Florent.