Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Monitor and log privileged user ID access

Level 10

Hi,

On Adobe Campaign,  how to Monitor and log privileged user ID access?

That means, if a user of a certain privilege logs in to Adobe Campaign, we need to log a message in to a log file about this.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

There is the logins.log file that logs information such as the IP a user connected from, their operator name & whether the login failed or was successful.

The file is located on the server in the folder: <installationdirectory>\var\<instancename>

There is no out-of-the-box feature for checking the login history but this information is available in the logs on your server but if you want to check this in adobe campaign.

You need to create your custom schema for connection history:

sample attributes for the same would be

<attribute label="Time of connection" name="connectionTime" type="datetime"/>

<attribute label="IP1" name="ip1" type="string"/>

<attribute label="IP2" name="ip2" type="string"/>

<attribute label="Login" name="login" type="string"/>

<attribute label="Status" name="status" type="string"/>

<attribute label="Parameters" name="params" type="string"/>

You can configure a new place to store you login.logs over the server if you want.

Write a new workflow to import those logs into adobe campaign and load these data into this table.

Sample login.log would look like this:

2017-09-07T00:48:20.425Z  000.000.00.000  106.101.90.249  admin  OK  allowHTTP|sessionTokenOnly|showErrors|allowDebug|allowUserPassword

Parse this line and store it in your schema.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rama,

I'm not sure that there is an out-of-the box feature for this. I'll double check with the team.

Florent

Level 10

Is there any update as yet Florent?

I need the answer  very urgently.

Appreciate all your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

There is no dedicated feature to do that to my knowledge and I did not get feedback from the team about this topic. Best would be to check with support if that's possible and if not, at least to officially log an enhancement request.

Florent

Level 10

Thanks Florent for responding.

"I'm not sure that there is an out-of-the box feature for this. I'll double check with the team."

"I did not get feedback from the team about this topic.".

Could you please follow up with the team once again?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

There is the logins.log file that logs information such as the IP a user connected from, their operator name & whether the login failed or was successful.

The file is located on the server in the folder: <installationdirectory>\var\<instancename>

There is no out-of-the-box feature for checking the login history but this information is available in the logs on your server but if you want to check this in adobe campaign.

You need to create your custom schema for connection history:

sample attributes for the same would be

<attribute label="Time of connection" name="connectionTime" type="datetime"/>

<attribute label="IP1" name="ip1" type="string"/>

<attribute label="IP2" name="ip2" type="string"/>

<attribute label="Login" name="login" type="string"/>

<attribute label="Status" name="status" type="string"/>

<attribute label="Parameters" name="params" type="string"/>

You can configure a new place to store you login.logs over the server if you want.

Write a new workflow to import those logs into adobe campaign and load these data into this table.

Sample login.log would look like this:

2017-09-07T00:48:20.425Z  000.000.00.000  106.101.90.249  admin  OK  allowHTTP|sessionTokenOnly|showErrors|allowDebug|allowUserPassword

Parse this line and store it in your schema.

Regards,

Amit