Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to use data in custom resources in non-transactional email sending?

Level 3

Hi, Experts, My customer want to use a custom resource to store their products data, and list some front row products in email in a fixed format. They don't wanna make the email transactional. I want to ask how to implement. Any expert know this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @fulongt37334138 

You can definitely create a custom resource and store the product data. But we will need some sort of reconciliation key to identifying which customer will receive which products in the emails.

With the help of this reconciliation key, you can either create a join to use enrichment to prepare the data for email.

Also, you can store data in this custom resource by either an API call or by ingesting data via flat files.

Reference link for API call: Interacting with custom resources | Adobe Campaign

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @fulongt37334138 

You can definitely create a custom resource and store the product data. But we will need some sort of reconciliation key to identifying which customer will receive which products in the emails.

With the help of this reconciliation key, you can either create a join to use enrichment to prepare the data for email.

Also, you can store data in this custom resource by either an API call or by ingesting data via flat files.

Reference link for API call: Interacting with custom resources | Adobe Campaign

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ , Thanks for your reply. I have two questions:

1, Can your solution applicable to non-transactional email?

2, If every profile can receive all products, we also need to do the reconciliation? This will like full outer join in SQL.

Community Advisor

Hello @fulongt37334138 

Yes, It applies to non-transactional emails and you don't need reconciliation of all products.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn