Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to restrict the No.of Email based on the recipients

Level 2

I want to restrict that any recipient should not receive more than 2 email per day.Is there anyway  to do it?.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

You can do this by creating a typology rule.

If you select Recipient Delivery Logs (broadLog) and then select 'DateOnly(@lastModified)' equal to 'DateOnly( GetDate())'.

You will then need to restrict the numbers of emails per customer by doing the following;

add '@status' equal to 'sent'.

You will then need to 'edit additional data' where the expression will be 'countOfPrimaryKey' equal to 2.

Once this typology rule has been created I can then be added to the relevant typologies as normal.

Hope that helps,

Dave.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

You can do this by creating a typology rule.

If you select Recipient Delivery Logs (broadLog) and then select 'DateOnly(@lastModified)' equal to 'DateOnly( GetDate())'.

You will then need to restrict the numbers of emails per customer by doing the following;

add '@status' equal to 'sent'.

You will then need to 'edit additional data' where the expression will be 'countOfPrimaryKey' equal to 2.

Once this typology rule has been created I can then be added to the relevant typologies as normal.

Hope that helps,

Dave.

Level 2

Hi David,

which typology rule (filter,pressure.etc) will applicable for the above steps?. Can you please clarify that.

Level 3

Hi,

The above would use a filter typology rule though you raise a good point.

The instance which I am working on does not have the optimisation module which means I can not see 'pressure' as a typology type so perhaps if you have this option it would be an easier route to go down.

I hope that helps,

Dave.

Level 2

Hi David

I have created typology rule and included in delivery template also.But the rule is not applied.So i have some clarification on it.

Is typology work only campaign workflow using email delivery activity?.

Because  i have tested in targeting workflow using delivery activity.

Can you please clarify that.

Level 3

Hi,

You will need to add the new typology rule to your typology and then make sure that the typology is included in the delivery template.

You can check if it has been added to a delivery template by selecting 'Properties' and then 'Typology'.

Dave.