Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to insert element into schema using xtk.session.Write

Former Community Member

Hi Team,

I've got issue with inserting data into my custom table. I'm able to insert attribute of my table, but cannot update the element.

I'm using the following expression:

xtk.session.Write(<qaSurvey _operation="insert" Question3="BoguslawTest33" email="test@test.com" Edited_Question="BoguslawTest35" xtkschema="adbe:qaSurvey"/>);

and my database have the following schema: 

<element autopk="true" label="QA Survey" name="qaSurvey">
    <key internal="true" name="internal">
      <keyfield xpath="@id"/>
    </key>
    <attribute label="Primary key" name="id" notNull="false" sqlname="iId" type="long"/>
    <element label="Edited_Question" name="Edited_Question" sqlname="sEdited_Question"
             type="string"/>
    <attribute label="Email (Responses to recipient forms/Recipient)" name="email"
               sqlname="sEmail" type="string"/>
    <element label="XML memo" name="data" sqlname="mData" type="memo"/>
    <element label="Question" name="Question3" type="memo"/>
  </element>

As a result of my query I'm getting a new row with Primary key and email address only. Question3 and Edited_Question are blank.

How can I insert the Question3 and Edited_Question elements to my table?

Best Regards,
Boguslaw

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

your write expression should be:

xtk.session.Write(<qaSurvey _operation="insert" email="test@test.com" xtkschema="adbe:qaSurvey"> <Question3>BoguslawTest33</Question3> <Edited_Question>BoguslawTest35</Edited_Question> </qaSurvey>);

Damien

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

your write expression should be:

xtk.session.Write(<qaSurvey _operation="insert" email="test@test.com" xtkschema="adbe:qaSurvey"> <Question3>BoguslawTest33</Question3> <Edited_Question>BoguslawTest35</Edited_Question> </qaSurvey>);

Damien