Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to access External Database in ACS?

Level 4

Hi,

I am new to Campaign Standard. In Adobe Campaign Classic, we have activities Data loading(RDBMS) and SQL code for reading and writing data from/to external DB. How we could achieve the same in Adobe standard?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

you may refer to following documentation: Adobe Campaign Help | Key steps of adding a resource

It will be under Administration => Development => Custom Resource

Note: in Standard you won't have same flexiblity as in Classic.

Not all standard types can be extended via a custom schema.

Once you have a custom resource created, you could use an import workflow which is parsing your file and loading the data into the table.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can't.

Adobe Campaign Standard does not support the integration of external databases and also does not support custom SQL activities.

You would have to export/import the data into the ACS database for working with it using regular Query/Segmentation/Enrichment activities

Level 4

Hi Ramson,

I could export/import tables(Create/Replicate new tables in ACS DB from Ext. DB) from the External database into ACS database. But how to create custom resource/schema for the existing table in ACS database?

In Adobe campaign classic, we had an option to create new schema for existing table. How we could achieve the same in ACS?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

you may refer to following documentation: Adobe Campaign Help | Key steps of adding a resource

It will be under Administration => Development => Custom Resource

Note: in Standard you won't have same flexiblity as in Classic.

Not all standard types can be extended via a custom schema.

Once you have a custom resource created, you could use an import workflow which is parsing your file and loading the data into the table.