Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

External API activity and workflow efficiency

Level 3

Hi,

We have four import workflows where we use the external API activity to fetch new blog content. We need to run these quite often since we can only fetch the latest blog post.

My question is if it is most efficient to have four workflows or if you should run them sequentially in one workflow? I think I have seen that it is not good to have several external API activities in the same workflow? But I am also concerned running several workflows often, when it could be one workflow (although including more steps).

Br,

Filip

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Filipe,

So what are your concerns around running multiple workflows often?  As long as the workflows don't take a long time to execute and you stagger them out so they don't overlap then even if they are inserting/updating data in the same table, they shouldn't run into any performance issues.

Also please note that it's not recommended to run workflows more often than 5 minutes apart.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Filipe,

So what are your concerns around running multiple workflows often?  As long as the workflows don't take a long time to execute and you stagger them out so they don't overlap then even if they are inserting/updating data in the same table, they shouldn't run into any performance issues.

Also please note that it's not recommended to run workflows more often than 5 minutes apart.

Regards,

Craig