Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Email ID of a visitor

Level 10

Hi all,

I have a system where the Email ID of a visitor is captured and stored in a customer database.

AAM is connected to Adobe Campaign. I use Adobe Profiles and Audiences Core.

Adobe Campaign needs to use this email ID to send email to that visitor.

Kindly suggest how this Email ID reaches Adobe Campaign n real time or batch mode.

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

If you don't have a way to extract the data from the other database in a file, and then reimport it in Campaign, then the only way I see to do that with OOTB features is through the FDA option.

The FDA option in Campaign allows to connect Campaign to an external database. However, this is a paid option and only work with the databases listed in this document under the FDA section: Compatibility Matrix

You can find more documentation about this option here: Accessing an external database

Let me know if that's ssomething you could use,

Florent

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Kindly suggest all the different ways (automatic/manual/real time/batch mode) in which the email id of the visitor is loaded from the custom database in to the recipient table of Adobe Campaign.

Is it possible to map email id field of Recipient table with the appropriate field in the custom database table?

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi all,

Could I write a workflow that runs  a query periodically to fetch email id from the custom table to AC Recipient table?

I am looking for an automated approach, that handles this in the near real time.

I highly appreciate your support..

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi all,

I suggested the following:

1. Campaign info is stored in the Custom Database Table..
  2. A trigger written on Custom Database Table creates a file with Email ID and places on an FTP server, as soon as the Campaign info is stored in the table.
  3. In Adobe Campaign we write a workflow with an activity in the ETL workflow called a File Collector that checks for a new file on the same FTP location. As soon as that file is available, it reads email id and stores in the Recipient Table.
  4. The workflow also deletes that file, so as not to repeat processing it.
  5. The workflow is scheduled to run periodically.

But I am being asked why we need to create so many disconnected processes and stitch them together to achieve this.

Adobe Campaign must have some out of box functionality to import from a Database in to Recipients Table and why am I not taking that route?

Kindly suggest,

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hello Rama,

It seems that you have all the means (connector and People service) to do it by using standard approaches for importing AAM audiences into AC:

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/ITG_People_core_service_Introduction.html

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/ITG_People_core_service_Importing-Exporting_audiences.html

So might you explain why the default way is not convenient for you?

Regards.

J-Serge

Level 10

Hi J-Serge,

Thanks for responding.

The user has not logged in to AEM and so he is anonymized and fills up a form and submits.

On submission, the Email ID of visitor is stored in the Custom Database Table..

From there getting the Email ID in to AAM is becoming an issue as it is a PII data.

I am suggested by some not to store it in AAM and by some to hash it before storing.

But how to automatically hash it is not suggested.

So, in effect, Email ID is not in AAM and so not in People service.

Thus, I am looking at Adobe Campaign.

Even after this, the follow on challenge for me will be how to connect the segments in AAM, the anonymized profile in Profiles, and the PII email id in Campaign.

Kindly support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

Sorry but I am a bit confused now. Because in your very 1st post you mentioned AAM (Adobe Audience Manager) which is of course anonymous data for DMP use, it is why I gave you AAM/AC connector documentation.

But in previous post you mention AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) for a form submission, but without authentication. So you use the webCMS AEM for form achievement but not its own data persistence storage.

Anyway, I confirm, you can't use AAM for storing PII information.

You can use the AEM/AC connector to connect information, either using People service, or with the AEM directly connected to AC data storage.

In your case, you can use either Adobe Campaign visitor table (schema nms:visitor) for non optin data capture, or directly in a nms:recipient information is the data is more qualified, or even more a custom schema information if accurate for you.

I mean that with AC classical version (v6/v7); for ACS (standard) version, I think it is only nms:recipient storage.

Please refer on such documentation:

Regards
JS

Level 10

Hi JS,

Apologies for confusing you.

Form is hosted by AEM.

The visitor does not authenticate and submits the form that has email id as one of the fields.

That email id and other fields are stored in a custom database table.

email id needs to be used by Adobe Campaign for sending emails.

Now, it is very clear that I can not use AAM to store Email id.

The only choice for us is to store it in Adobe Campaign or use AEM/AC connector as you suggested.

I will go through the links you offered, but for the question remains on how to import Email id from custom database table in to the Recipients table, which will be out of coverage for this forum.

In Adobe Campaign, I saw importing from peoples core or from files delimited, but not from a database table.

From AEM could we insert email id field in the Recipients table?

Please provide a link to this kind of a scenario.

Kindly see whether you could help.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

If you don't have a way to extract the data from the other database in a file, and then reimport it in Campaign, then the only way I see to do that with OOTB features is through the FDA option.

The FDA option in Campaign allows to connect Campaign to an external database. However, this is a paid option and only work with the databases listed in this document under the FDA section: Compatibility Matrix

You can find more documentation about this option here: Accessing an external database

Let me know if that's ssomething you could use,

Florent