Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Data tab not present in Outbound Transition

Level 2

I want to see the data in an Outbound Transition. When I select the transition and click on Open transition, I see only tabs General and Data Structure. My understanding is that if I add the data columns in the upstream activity within the Additional Data tab that those data fields will be available to me to see the data in the Data tab when I open the transition. See the instructions below. I have followed them, but there is no data tab present to see the data. I can only see a count in the workflow, and this is not enough information.

This is what I see in the transition when I open it:

jwats_crm_0-1617134833127.png

I expect to see this:

jwats_crm_1-1617135043998.png

How do I get this data tab to appear?

From documentation at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/targetin... :

Adding a simple field

By adding a simple field as additional data, that field becomes directly visible in the outbound transition of the activity. This allows the user to check, for example, that the data from the query is the desired data.

1. From the Additional data tab, add a new element.

2. In the window that opens, in the Expression field, select one of the fields available directly in the targeting dimension or in one of the linked dimensions. You can edit expressions and use functions or simple calculations (except aggregates) from the dimension fields.

An Alias is automatically created if you edit an expression that is not a simple XPATH path (for example: “Year(<@birthDate>)”). If you like, you can modify it. If you only select one field (for example: “@age”), you do not need to define an Alias.

3. Select Add to confirm adding the field to the additional data. When the query is executed, an additional column corresponding to the field added will be present in the activity’s outbound transition.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

You need to enable this.  In the workflow options (pencil in the top right corner), you need to go to the the execution menu & click the check box for "keep interim results".

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

You need to enable this.  In the workflow options (pencil in the top right corner), you need to go to the the execution menu & click the check box for "keep interim results".