Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Can i build a new audience with transfer file? or does the file structure need to exist first?

Level 2

hello

i have an audience import i need to setup which will refresh each day and will wipe the data then repopulate. The audience sits on my sftp network.

In order to run this for the first time, i have used transfer file - load file, however this has errored. I assume because there is no column definition? previously i have done this via direct csv upload so im not sure the best way.Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 12.19.04.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @mm35,

Yes, you will need to define the columns in the load file so the data from the file can be loaded into the workflow temporary table. I suspect when you used the direct file load, you used the load file activity and used the automatically configured file structure and column definitions. If your existing files match that structure and column definition, you can connect your download file activity to that load file activity, just make sure to check "use the file specified in the inbound transition".

Hope this helps,

Jim

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @mm35,

Yes, you will need to define the columns in the load file so the data from the file can be loaded into the workflow temporary table. I suspect when you used the direct file load, you used the load file activity and used the automatically configured file structure and column definitions. If your existing files match that structure and column definition, you can connect your download file activity to that load file activity, just make sure to check "use the file specified in the inbound transition".

Hope this helps,

Jim