Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

AEM Email Contents not listed while synchronizing

Level 2

Hi all,

I've created a custom email template in AEM. When pressing the synchronize button in Adobe campaign. The only templates that are listed are the OOTB ones.

These are also the ones that are listed under the path of  "/content/campaign" in AEM.

I've created a custom path in AEM for the email deliveries ex. /content/email_summary_page. None of my email templates are listed in adobe campaign when I click on synchronize.

I've added my resourceType of the email template to the AEMResourceTypeFilter, but it is still not listed.

ONLY when I copy my custom email to the path of /content/campaign, it is listed as AEM Email content.

is there a configuration that I'm missing? that Adobe Campaign also needs to fetch AEM email contents under a different path than the OOTB /content/campaign?

Synchronize screen:

content_campaign.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It seems it is not stated in the docs. Here is what I could find on that topic:

By default you need to have the templates in /content/campaigns, this call is made from AC to AEM:

/api/content/sites/campaigns.json?query=SELECT%20*%20FROM%20page%20WHERE%20%5Bchild%5D.%5Bcq%3AacLinks%5D%20IS%20NULL&limit=30&filter.rt=mcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter%2Cmcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fcampaign_newsletterpage%2Cmcm%2Fneolane%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter&showAllProperties=true

However if you put a rewrite rule (Apache) in place, you can transform the call to this:

/api/content.json?query=SELECT%20*%20FROM%20page%20WHERE%20%5Bchild%5D.%5Bcq%3AacLinks%5D%20IS%20NULL&limit=30&filter.rt=mcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter%2Cmcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fcampaign_newsletterpage%2Cmcm%2Fneolane%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter&showAllProperties=true

This then gives you templates located in /content.

Let me know if that's something you could do. Otherwise you'll need to have the email templates somewhere under content/campaign.

Florent

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Bert,

Have you seen this thread? Looks like a similar issue. ACS and AEM6.2 - 'GetAEMContentList'

I believe listing the templates under content/campaign is mandatory and cannot be changed.

Florent

Level 2

Hi,

That seems like a different issue, as I'm able to retrieve the content list, but only under the /content/campaign path in AEM.

Is there some documentation where I can find that it is mandatory that email templates are placed under /content/campaign? and it is not possible to create our own content structure for syncing AEM Email Contents.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It seems it is not stated in the docs. Here is what I could find on that topic:

By default you need to have the templates in /content/campaigns, this call is made from AC to AEM:

/api/content/sites/campaigns.json?query=SELECT%20*%20FROM%20page%20WHERE%20%5Bchild%5D.%5Bcq%3AacLinks%5D%20IS%20NULL&limit=30&filter.rt=mcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter%2Cmcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fcampaign_newsletterpage%2Cmcm%2Fneolane%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter&showAllProperties=true

However if you put a rewrite rule (Apache) in place, you can transform the call to this:

/api/content.json?query=SELECT%20*%20FROM%20page%20WHERE%20%5Bchild%5D.%5Bcq%3AacLinks%5D%20IS%20NULL&limit=30&filter.rt=mcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter%2Cmcm%2Fcampaign%2Fcomponents%2Fcampaign_newsletterpage%2Cmcm%2Fneolane%2Fcomponents%2Fnewsletter&showAllProperties=true

This then gives you templates located in /content.

Let me know if that's something you could do. Otherwise you'll need to have the email templates somewhere under content/campaign.

Florent