Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Accessing Adobe campaign database in cloud

Level 5

HI

is there a way to read data from Adobe campaign Database that is on Cloud? I want to connect tableau to adobe campaing ( cloud version) to read data from log tables.

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There is no direct database access to an Adobe hosted Adobe Campaign instance. However, any and all required data can be exported out of the platform using the powerful data management workflow capabilities of the platform and made available to external reporting tools such as Tableau.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

This is not supported OOTB connector to support this integration although there is a way you can achieve this.

Step 1: Integratget Adobe campaign with Adobe analytics, follow instruction given in the link below

Adobe Campaign Reporting

Step 2: Adobe campaign tracking/logs will be available in Adobe analytics

Step 3: Get TDE file from Adobe analytics by following instructions in the following link.

Tableau data file

Step 4: Now You can send this TDE file to an FTP server. From there, you can create a script through which the Tableau Server can pick it up.

Regards,

Amit

Level 5

Thanks Amit

What I have investigated is  that those logs files are also available into the Adobe Campaign postgresSQL database. is there a way to have an ODBC connection that tableau can pull that data directly instead of going through Adobe Analytics? I am just trying to access the postgress database directly so I can get those log files and process.

Level 10

Hi,

If you are using On premise AC6/7, then you can connect Tableau server to Adobe Campaign Postgres database.

Read this article here: PostgreSQL

Bear in mind this will not work with ACS.

Regards,

Amit

Level 5

Thanks Amit

I know that that the instance that we are using is on Cloud and the database. I am assuming that we can still access that database directly right? do we have to get the Adobe to have that available or there is some documentation on how to access the database directly? If I have access to the database directly that I think I can have Tableau talk read from the tables  right?

Level 10

Hi,

I am not 100% sure that there is any option for that Access to ACS database directly. If they had this option they would have provided that access to AC6/7 instead of building a IO api and connector.

Anyways, Raise a helpdesk ticket with Adobe.

As of Now you can export those logs in files and import them in Tableau by following instruction below.

Exporting logs

Regards,

Amit

Correct answer by
Employee

There is no direct database access to an Adobe hosted Adobe Campaign instance. However, any and all required data can be exported out of the platform using the powerful data management workflow capabilities of the platform and made available to external reporting tools such as Tableau.

Level 5

thanks for the response. With workflow export it can be a solution but I was looking for something more close to realtime .

Level 1

This is the official Adobe/Tableau announcement from 2014.

Tableau and Adobe Analytics: Digital Marketing Gets Even More Awesome | Tableau Software

You may be able to build a Web Data Connector as well, but I'm not sure if the log info is exposed in a way that would let that work.

Thank you

Nagesh Kumar