Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

AB TEST WORKFLOW SETUP IN ADOBE CAMPAIGN 6.1

Level 1

Hi,

New to Adobe campaign workflows and would appreciate any help with this question.

I'm trying to set up an A/B test workflow of 2 emails (simple 50/50 split send - not a delayed send of the "winning" email). When I start the workflow with a query to build my target audience, I am unable to exclude a segment of my target the way I normally would if I set up simple delivery. In a simple delivery, when I build my target, there is an exclusion checkbox at the bottom which gives me an audience setup similar to the following:

'Folder 'Main List' and US TARGET' - 'Folder 'Main List' and GENDER MALE'

In other words, send the email to the US segment within the main list, MINUS anyone in the main list whose gender is Male.

However, in a workflow scenario, there is no checkbox in the query building window, therefore I cannot MINUS any list/segment from the target audience in the initial query.

Is this a separate function within the workflow functionality? I tried dragging the Exclusion activity into the workflow, but it doesn't allow me to query and exclude the list/segment.

Please note, I've also consulted the following page for AB test help, but the example provided is more advanced than by basic setup needs:

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/WKF_Use_cases_A-B_testing.html

Any help with this issue plus links to additional support documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Erik,

Thanks for providing more details.

workflow:

1287546_pastedImage_0.png

split query:

1287547_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I am really confused by your question.

Are you trying to use more than one list because the list is meant to be a group of recipients who are similar so if you want to use filer in the list, why not create two lists and use read list activity?

If this is something you want to do read this question to read multiple lists(Filtering/Getting recipients from Lists ), you can edit this to read only one, with this option you will have a filtering option so that you can achieve your desired result? Alternatively, use an exclusion activity to exclude your male segment from us main list.

Are you asking a question about AB testing or targeting query?

If yes then you can configure your workflow similar to following.

Use the main list to send to segment A and use exclusion activity to exclude the targeted users from segment A and exclude them. change as per your business needs.

1281246_pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps!

Amit

Level 10

Hi Erik,

Were you able to solve your issue or to have a look at Amit's answer?

Let us know,

Florent

Level 1

Hi Amit,

Sorry for the late reply! Didn't see a notification that anyone replied, so I haven't viewed it until now. Thanks for taking the time to help provide an answer.

I realize it's a confusing question without context. I always work from one list when i set up sends via a delivery in a campaign -that's what I'm used to. This was the first time i was setting up a send via a workflow. In building the query via a workflow, the option to exclude a segment doesn't exist in the same way it does if I were to query via a delivery in a campaign.

I think what would help me is if you could possibly show me a workflow chart that didn't involve an a/b test scenario?

In this workflow scenario, I would want to send "delivery X" targeting the main list, but I would want to make sure anyone from that list with the gender of "male" was excluded. How would that look in a workflow?

-Erik

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Erik,

Thanks for providing more details.

workflow:

1287546_pastedImage_0.png

split query:

1287547_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Amit