Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Push Transactional Messages

Level 2

Hi all

I want to send push transactional messages (I am already sending push messages), but, mi question is about the information that contains the event.

An push transactional event example:

<urn:PushEvent>

<urn:sessiontoken>mc/</urn:sessiontoken>

<urn:domEvent>

<rtEvent wishedChannel="41" type="DELIVERY" registrationToken="2cefnefzef758398493srefzefkzq483974">

<mobileApp _operation=none uuid="com.adobe.NeoMiles"/>

<ctx>

<deliveryTime>1:30 PM</deliveryTime>

<url>http://www.adobe.com</url>

</ctx>

</rtEvent>

</urn:domEvent>

</urn:PushEvent>

How an external system (for example from client's web) who calls Adobe Campaign to send push transactional  message has registrationToken? I think that only Adobe Campaign has this registrationToken. How could I implement it?

And, what is the uuid parameter? Is it the "Integration Key" on Mobile Applications configuration?

Regards

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Are you trying to implement this with Campaign Standard or Campaign Classic (v6/v7) ?

If it is Standard, please read this document: Transactional messaging configuration  in which you can find a description of the registration token.

Let us know,

Florent

Level 10

Hi,

To use Message Center with Mobile App Channel, you need to apply the following configurations:

1. Install the Mobile App Channel package onto the control and execution instances.
  2. Replicate the Mobile application type Adobe Campaign service as well as the mobile applications that it contains the execution instances.

The event must include the following elements:

• The mobile device ID (registrationId for Android and deviceToken for iOS). This ID represents the "address" that the notification will be sent to.
  • The link to the mobile application or integration key (uuid) which lets you recover connection information specific to the application.
  • The channel to which the notification will be sent (wishedChannel): 41 for iOS and 42 for Android
  • All data used for personalization

This information is available  in standard docs here Mobile App Channel

Let us know if you are facing any difficulties.

Regards

Amit

Level 2

Hi Amit

I have Adobe Campaign Classic (v6.1.1) on Cloud. How could I know that the Mobile App Channel package is installed on control and execution instances?

I can see only Control instance on Adobe Campaign console but I can't see anything that it indicates me that this package is installed.

On the other side, I don't understand the uuid parameter. Is it the integration key (Project key for Android and certificate for IOS) that I configured when I created the mobile App service?

Latest, if the event has to contain the device ID (registrationId for Android and deviceToken for iOS) and the event is launched for an external system who hasn't this information (only Adobe Campaign has this information on the appSuscribtion schema), how could I do?

Best Regards

Level 2

Hi,

There are many factors like how event data (registered or anonymous users) is being passed from web to Adobe campaign.

If it is a registered user then even data should have some identifier like email id and then you can reconcile that email id with the profile email, which is linked to app subscribers schema. In this way, you would be able to map registration token for that user.

Hope this would help you. :-)

Level 2

Hi ,

Currently our system (adobe campaign classic v7) using push notification. we want to implement through message center too.

I understand the step of replication of setting in run instance.  Since our instance is hosted one and we asked adobe support to do that.

Is there any way to view or check if everything has been done.

Somebody please guide , what steps need to be done from our as well as adobe technical support side to make sure its working.

thanks,

Kaushal