Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Merging duplicate records in bulk

Level 2

Hi everyone.

We have a task of identifying and merging duplicate records into one record, we are having a hard time identifying how to do that in bulk.

Scenario

There are thousands of records that share the same email but different source ID,  we want to merge all records into one keeping the lowest sourceID. any ideas on how to tackle this are greatly appreciated it

Campaign Classic

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi jc49227835​,

If you want to keep the record with lowest source id and delete the other ones and identify duplicates based on email, something like following can help.

1611663_pastedImage_0.png

Deduplication activity.

1611664_pastedImage_2.png

1611665_pastedImage_3.png

Regards,

Deb

Level 2

Thank you, one thing is we would like to keep/merge the delivery logs and tracking logs of all the other records on the one with the small source ID

Community Advisor

Hi jc49227835​,

Do you mean to say that, you want to keep the broad log/tracking log only for the records related to lowest sourceId and delete the rest?

Regards,

Deb

Level 2

Sorry, no. quite the opposite, we want to keep/merge the broadlogs/tracking of all the duplicates into the one with the lowest SourceID, then delete the duplicate records. hope that makes sense

Community Advisor

Hi jc49227835,

In that case, you can update the duplicate sourceIDs with lowest sourceID in broadlog/tracking log tables using the same workflow. It is better not to play around much with the logs. Any way they gets purged depending on your settings.

Regards,

Deb

Level 2

Thank you Deb,

Sorry for the late reply, we had put this in the back burner for a while, I would not want to play around with the logs if there is a possibilty they get purged. would there be another way? or we are out of luck and should decide if we just want to keep/delete the duplicates even though they have deliveries associated with them?

I know there is a merge action on the list (only processes 2 records at the time) could this not be repurposed to do in tn bulk?

Thank you again